40. When I wake up

When I wake up, I am alone in bed. Stretching across the sheets, I get a waft of his cologne as I brush my hand where he was laying and feel butterflies.

Could he be the one?

Pffff! Listen to me! I don't do relationships!

But... He really likes me to the point of not having sex with me because it would mean something too emotional and binding...

Thinking back, it sounds like bullshit and a lousy excuse, something you'd say to someone you don't want to continue seeing.

But he stayed and we cuddled all night. I saw it in his eyes. He wants more.

I'm just not sure I can give it to him though.

I'm not sure I deserve it.

I'm not sure I'm ready to settle for someone... else. I guess I always thought, in the back of my mind that I'd come back to Bakugou when it would be time.

I've been with other men and women but it was never serious... until Hawks.

He's a self-proclaimed player, yet I see him, his vulnerability, his heart.

Aargh! What am I doing?!?

Sitting on my bed, I spot one of his feathers on my bedside table and grab it, brushing it along my lips as if I was kissing him and put it back down, smiling at myself. I'm stupid.

Hearing noises next door, I get excited at the thought that he might be making me breakfast and I rush out, after putting my hoodie on.

"Morning doll!" I stop breathing from the sight in front of me.

Dabi is in my kitchen making coffee and before I have time to react, I feel a needle in my neck and pass out.

Feeling drowsy, hung over, I find it difficult to open my eyes. My head hurts and, trying to rub it, my wrist stops, caught in restraints as a metallic sound resonates painfully in my ears.

I look down and see that I'm laying down. It's all blurry but, after moving my wrists again, I can guess they are caught in handcuffs, attached to the frame of what looks like a hospital bed.

Ugh! I hate that feeling of drunkenness. Where the hell am I?

Looking around, the room is dark and the only things I can distinguish are a drip on my right, a needle in my arm and a chair in the corner.

I feel awful and cough before trying to speak but nothing comes out. I'm too out of it to use my quirk and get rid of these cuffs but I still try to pull them off of the bed, unsuccessfully.

"Calm down Solidair." I know that voice. I knew it! I'm so fucking angry. "There's no need to fight. You're not going anywhere. I, on the other hand, have a date with my lover." She giggles and my body uncontrollably spasms in rage, as I try to reach the blurry shadow.

"Stop teasing her." A familiar deep voice adds, coming closer. Le Chiffre.

"Why Papa?" So she is his daughter.

"Because you're acting like an emotional amateur, thirsty for revenge. You need to stay focused on the mission." I try to speak again and still, nothing comes out. "You won't be able to speak or scream, so don't try." I must be under someone's quirk or just simply drugs. "We just need to keep you out of the way for a while until we are done with our plan. You're just in the way. Don't worry, your friends are safe... for now. They think you've returned to France so they won't be looking for you."

I feel both frightened and angry. They won't be looking for me? They're safe for now? What's gonna happen to them? I need to do something!!

Shaking my arms, I try to get out of my restraints but I feel so tired and awful and... sleepy... I look up at the drip and see Céline turning the flow. Bitch... that little...