Chapter 1

I am new to one shots and particularly this type and so don't mind me being awkward right now. So I think I will just write, review what you make of it. Please don't hate, I guess?

The person heaved the heavy object behind them as they made their way across the dark hallway. It was a relatively cold evening tonight and the cold air wove itself around the person. They took a deep breath and exhaled to see the foggy breath leave their mouth. 

Just a little bit further.

They turned around a corner and entered through a door. Dim moonlight wove its way past the heavily planked window. Unlike the other lavish rooms, this one was run down with paint peeling off the rugged walls and the lack of proper furnitures in the room. But the person paid the details no attention as they could see their destination close, reflecting whitish from the moonlight.

The person heaved the object on top the reflective object and heard the 'whoosh' sound, the sound of something being submerged in water. A small smile adorned their face and they felt the water leaking submerge their shoes. With a definitive gait, they walked to the rugged wall and scratched their finger on the wall. When they were done, they hurried out the building while pulling the blue hoodie over their head. Reaching a safer distance, they pulled out the burner phone they had bought a few months ago.

"Rutherford Hotel, Room 394." they whispered to the operator and hung up before tossing the phone in the ocean. The police were in for a major surprise.

**************************

I upped the volume of the Breaking News that flashed on the screen. It said that there was a murder in the famous Rutherford Hotel. I remember going there when I was younger. They had the best pastas. But a murder?...

I read the headlines. The Hotel manager was killed, his body dragged across many rooms before being headed towards the storeroom. There seemed to be a bathtub there filled with water and his body was dumped in it. The killer seemed to have even written the word "RACHE" on the wall. They say that it is German for revenge. That's a bit dramatic for sure.

The detective on the case was now addressing the media.

"The killer better hope I do not find him, because when I do find him..." he trailed off as a manner of threat. I couldn't help but scoff. Okay, so there was a murder. How does the detective know it was a 'he'? But why should anyone care?

Rolling my eyes, I took off my wet shoes and placed them under the heater to dry off. Stupid water soaking my shoes. They were my favourite pair! The novel "A Study in Scarlet" was placed on my desk. Wasn't the secret murdered in this story too had written "RACHE" on the wall at the crime scene? The killer of the manager must have been a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes, that's for sure.

Picking up the first aid kit, I made my way to the sink, while at the same time looking at the T.V. screen behind me through the mirror infront of me. The warning of the esteemed detective was being played on loop. My blue hoodie caught my eyes. I might have to bleach it maybe. Letting my scratched finger under the water, I listened to the replay. How hypocrite of them to think that the killer must be a man? They seem to underestimate the killer. What if the killer was a girl? Oh but why would they think that? How could sweet innocent girls commit such an horrendous crime?

Isn't that what the manager thought? Underestimating me just because I am a girl? A sweet, innocent girl, alone in this poor, harsh world. Poor parents were poisoned by simple pastas, the best pastas the girl had ever tasted, just because they gave did their job of being food critics? Yes, they definitely were the finest of all pastas, perfect for mixing poison, perfect for mixing numbing drugs.

I looked at myself in the mirror as I patched up my finger. A cold smile found its place there. Who said Rache isn't sweet?

I seriously have no idea if this is good or not. I have to be honest with you. The title I have given, it is true. I made it at 2am, began writing at 2:30am and am posting it at 3:30. Please do comment what you think.

Also the cover is all @21st_century_bangtan, which is totally mind-blowing, and which I will never be able to achieve. Make sure to follow her!

Raven.