Maniac

This first chapter is based on the "Maniac" song by Conan Grey

Beth and the girls had been having some drinks at Annie's when she suddenly got up and said she'd be back soon.

Ruby and Annie gave each other puzzled looks but knew better than to ask Beth where she was going. They knew it had to do with Rio, and had learned the hard way that those two had "businesses" they'd never be part of, so they just let her go.

While driving to Rio's, Beth thought about how she wanted him dead but also wanted him to fuck her senseless every time they were near. She literally felt like a maniac .

When the alcohol kicked in all she really wanted was to see him. See him to scream at him how he had ruined her life, how he had put everything they've done on her ever since they met, how she felt like his punching bag at times, how... how she loved him despite all that.

There were also other things she wished she was brave enough to admit to him she'd noticed; how he somehow managed to always protect her, and treated her as his equal, how he showed her so much respect in his own way. How he always looked so proud of her when she handled things better than he thought she would.

Beth loved Rio. And that was a truth she had a lot of trouble accepting. 

She wished she was brave enough to tell him how she'd been jealous that day at the parking lot when she saw him hug and kiss another woman. How she wished she was really having his baby when she made up her pregnancy. How she knew he loved her back .

When she finally got to his loft, she thought about leaving, but the magnetic pull he had on her made her knock even before registering what she was doing.

When he opened the door, what she saw made her catch her breath. He was shirtless in a black pair of joggers, no shoes on. Like he had gotten out of bed just to open the door for her.

"Elizabeth?"

"What are you doing here?"

He asked her, a little surprised by her impromptu visit. After looking at her for a little while, he noticed how her eyes were a little unfocused and softer than usual.

"Have you been drinking, mami?"

She nodded. It was like all she had to say to him had gotten lost in her mind just by looking into his eyes. But she finally managed to form a coherent thought and said:

" I'm tired Rio. Tired of being scared of you, tired of running from you. Of not knowing if you'll kiss me or kill me tomorrow. I don't want to do this anymore."

His eyes softened and he put her hand out to her signaling to come inside. She did.

"Tired of what exactly, Elizabeth?" "You were the one who shot me. The one who had plenty of opportunities of choosing me but never did" . Rio reminded her bitterly.

"I always choose you Elizabeth" he said in a whisper he was sure she didn't hear.

"You're just here because people like you always want back what they can't have, but we're past that and you know that. I am not a joke Elizabeth. "

"Can I ask you something?"

He nodded.

"When I told you I was having your baby, did you wanted it to be true?"

"Honestly? More than anything Elizabeth. I just couldn't let it show. Couldn't let you know you had the upper hand"

Like you always do.

"I wanted it to" she said.

He was a little taken aback by her confession but kept his cool and said:

"You keep tellin' all your friends that I'm crazy and drive you mad, that I'm a stalker, a watcher, and all of that. And now you said you'd like to have my baby? Sorry but I'm a little lost."

"I love you Rio, and would always choose you too, but I think that right now neither of us knows what that really means".

She got up and left.

He stood there for a few minutes not knowing if had dreamt it all.