| 30 |

Chapter Thirty

~

I've officially lost everyone. My mom, my best friends, and Louis. I'm alone. And it looks like that's how it'll be for a while.

Because I felt free in that time with Louis. I wasn't nervous around people. And even after I said those things to him I know that I was happy with him. Really happy.

And all those memories with my friends; playing Mario cart in Finn's room and making fun of Finn for being a quarter short at the vending machine.

But now...

Now I'm afraid to step away from my locker. It's lunch. Which is normally one of the highlights of my day. But in this case, I know it'll be the worst.

My hands were so sweaty as I stepped out into the hall that I'm sure my bag could slip out at any second. And if I thought that was hard enough, I should've prepared myself for my heartbeat when I approached our old table.

I don't know what I expected. Maybe that this was all a dream an they were all sitting there together, waving me over. But no.

No one was there. Just a table with no food and six seats.

I dig my nails into my arm, slowly walking over.

My breath shakes a little as I sit down, already feeling like hundreds of eyes are printed on me. I instantly felt judged and stupid.

My head was dropped and I didn't wanna lift my eyes up from the lunch box. I didn't wanna see anyone reaction to the quiet girl finally losing her friends. Or her... ex fake boyfriend?

I haven't sat alone like this. Ever. I've always had Finn by my side. Then Gaten. Then Noah.

Then one day, Louis.

But it's not like that anymore. I don't know what to do. Whether I should eat, or not. Act normal, or not.

I tap my feet on the floor. For some reason the cafeteria seems extra quiet today. Red marks began painting my hand as I scratched myself. I've noticed it becoming a habit.
To scratch my hand, I mean.

For a while I just sat there, staring down at my lunch box.

What do I do?

I don't wanna be seen sitting alone. I feel so insecure and uncomfortable.

My shaking hand makes it's way to the lunch box, just about ready to finally start eating, when I made a huge mistake.

I looked up.

And there was Louis. Looking back at me. Of course the one moment I pick up my face, he just happened to do the same.

I quickly looked back down at my lunch and zipped it up, leaving the table.

I can't do it.

Hurriedly, I make my way out of the cafeteria as fast as I can. I don't know where to go but I can't have lunch in there. Not with everyone looking at me.

Not with him looking at me.

So I went to the closest and most private area.