26.Letting Go

Followed by a few knocks, the door opened, revealing a very broken Sarawat to Tine.

Tine, as promised, came to meet Sarawat at his flat. It was around 9p.m., four hours after they talked on the phone call.

Both, Sarawat and Tine, stood at the doorway, letting a thick bubble of silence envelope them as none of them dared to utter a single word. Sarawat was expecting Tine to say something..anything and Tine was trying to put together the words to start explaining things to Sarawat.

"I- um, I guess, I owe you some explanations" Tine stated, scratching his head a little.

Sarawat still didn't break his silence and just connected his eyes with Tine's, asking him to continue.

"May I come in?" Tine asked, not wanting to make it any awkward than it already was as they were still standing at the doorway.

Sarawat moved away from the entrance of the door a bit, telling Tine to come in, without actually saying it.

That's when Tine noticed that Wat's place's condition wasn't any better than his, if anything, it was way worse.

Shards of crockery and glass, broken pieces of vases and an absolutely smashed television decorated the floor.

Everything was a mess including the owner of the place. Tine has never Sarawat like this, never has he seen him this broken and outraged.

It scared Tine.

"Are you okay?"

"Do you not know the answer already" Sarawat answered- barely whispered in an resentful tone.

Tine walked forward stepping on a small sharp shard of glass making his feet bleed a little and Sarawat extremely panicked.

Just a small wound on the latter's foot made Wat's heart bleed.

"P'Tine! Oh my god, does it hurt? I'm so sorry. Let's go to the room" Sarawat freaked out, carefully leading Tine to his bedroom, making sure they won't step on any other broken pieces of glass.

Tine gave Wat a quizzical look.

Why do still care this much about me, Ai'Wat? After everything I've done to you..why?

To Wat, it didn't matter if Tine broke his heart or made him question his entire being and his whole life. To him, his P'Tine saved his life and now nothing mattered more than his happiness, even if it meant it wasn't with him but with someone else.

Once they both sat down on bed, Wat took Tine's leg and placed his feet of his lap. He then, carefully removed the piece of glass with a pair of tweezers and cleaned up the cut. Luckily, the wound wasn't that deep and wouldn't need any stitches.

"This is going to sting a bit, bare with me" Wat cooed, his voice laced with worry, as he furrowed his brows in concentration, trying his best to make it as less as hurtful as possible for the latter.

He slowly applied an antibiotic using a Q-tip over the wound, making Tine hiss in pain a little. Once that was done, he started applying the bandage.

"Why Wat?" Tine asked, in a very low guilty tone that it was barely audible.

"Huh?"

Tine just shrugged his shoulders and shook his head indicating Wat that it was nothing.

"W-why P'Tine? Wh what happened?

Wat stuttered. His words broke up and all he could say were stuttering sounds. Hot tears streamed down his face, and he squeezed his eyelids shut in the hope his tears would stop. His choppy breathing and watery eyes remained for quite some time, and he sat there unmoving.