𝑃𝐿𝐴𝑌𝐺𝑂𝐷.

PLAY GOD

PLAY GOD. the secret history

❛ Any action,
in the fullness of time,
sinks to nothingness ❜
Donna Tartt

(17.07.2021 N/A)
hello hello, welcome to the first story that I have ever thoroughly planned out. hopefully, I'll actually finish this book. i probably will, but it might be a journey. anyway, i don't have much to say. this book probably won't make much sense if you don't have a basic understanding of The Secret History by Donna Tartt. Though it can make the plot more interesting because you'll have a perspective similar to the main character's. I'll do my best to build the world so that you can read this without knowing much, but i still highly recommend the original book. it's quite the experience, and i will not stop praising it.

TRIGGER WARNING :: this story contains themes of death, such as murder and s*icide. this story also contains themes of body dysmorphia and EDs, particularly an*rexia. if these topics are something you are not comfortable with, please feel free to leave this book. your mental health is much more important!

AUTHOR'S NOTE :: the characters in The Secret History and incredibly complex, and there are purposely many holes in all of them. none of them are what they appear to be. as i am nowhere near as talented as Donna Tartt, the characters may not be as accurate. they are my take off the original characters. remember, this story is also my take of the book and what i would add to it. also, the time period this book takes place in is unclear: to make it easier for you (and me), this is set in 1982.

i'm making this book for me because if i don't let the worlds living in my head onto paper, they'll forever haunt me :)

Also, some of the MC's experiences have been based on my own. yes, i use stories to express the things i cannot otherwise do. if you're not comfortable with that, that's okay. i just wanted to let you know beforehand if some of the things she goes through seem a bit complicated. and if you ever need anything, i'm always here.

DEDICATIONS/INSPIRATIONS: karen smith <3 , gretchen wieners <3 , vagrantsaints , killersmuse , vicky, tina , demurehaze , ashy , elara <3 , sophiopath , cami , andie ,ber , sara , dea , liv , maddy and literally anyone else who's interacted with me on the godforsaken app. i love you all to the grave and back <33

and a major thank you to those currently helping me edit the plot. i'll mention you here once everything is finalized !

DISCLAIMER :: i do not own anything in The Secret History. everything besides my oc belongs to Donna Tartt and other respective owners.

BEST ENJOYED in the smallest
size  of baskerville or  cochin font.

havenscars, 2021