the night we met

I step into the night club, quickly being surrounded by the very loud music coming from the banging speakers. Lights flashing, crowds hustling was all that I could see or hear. I thought to myself how I even ended up at a place like this, but I didn’t want to seem like an outsider in such a busy city,

I sat in the nearest booth I could find until a waiter approaches me:

“Hi Gabija! Haven’t seen you in a while.” He says while my eyes widen at the sudden approach of a friend of mine.

“Tyler !,” My smile slowly fades. “The bussines is recently having a lot of problems which are keeping me very busy, and in fact a have a meeting in the morning,”

My eyes fluttered.
“It is so tiring.”

The waiter looks at me before a smirk forms on his mouth.

“Hmm, if you’re tired, maybe you should try the passion fruit tropic? This time the drink is on me.”

That’s one thing about Tyler, you can always count on him.

“God, Tyler, Thank you...” I say with a smile on my face.

After I got my drink, I decide to look around until someone catches my eye. A woman and a man flirting with eachother right near the next booth. I find myself staring at her for maybe too long, when she turns around and catches me. Our eyes met, a slight bolt flashing through my body. I wonder if she felt it too.

I feel like I should talk to her, even though I’m scared to go up to her. She clearly is having fun with that guy and I don’t want to ruin the mood.

Time is passing and I’m noticing that he is starting to get rude, still trying to convince her to come to his place after she rejected it. His voice is getting louder and her face is starting to hold a scared look.

I had to help her, I thought. I finnaly built up the courage to walk up to her and grabbed her wrist:

“Hi, sorry to interupt but we have to go. It’s an emergency.” I say, pointing at me and her while I send the guy a cold look and take her to the car.

after we walked to the car, it was silent, after a while the silence was broken :

"thank you. i’m liz nice to meet you" she seemed curious, “oh i’m gabija nice to meet you too" i hoped she didnt notice me staring at her again, i couldnt help but get so caught up in her.