~TWENTY-SIX~

“We are a team. Watch us build an empire together.”    

¶∆¶∆¶

•BOLU•

The first day of this term started out pretty well for me. After Assembly and all, I got to hype my friends with Jeremy. Safe to say Jeremy was a very good hyping partner and our combo was just the best but I think MJ is still our boss though.

We were so lucky he didn't meet up with us as we hyped Nina and Ayo this morning. MJ would have shut the whole place down. Either way, we would have left Ayo and Nina to solve the problem on their like we all did the other time. Lmaooo!

That day was funny.

We all got closer during the holiday after Ayo's birthday celebration/ New Year get together and it had been really fun. MJ created a whatsapp group for us and it always cracked me up.

It was the period just before break and civics was on the timetable. I, for one, always looked forward to civics class because I loved the teacher. She always made the class interactive and interesting. She'd let students give their own views on whatever topic we were treating and then she'd  bless us with her wisdom.

Today's topic was Dangers of Political Apathy. One that everyone would definitely love to contribute and say their own views and cast the Nigerian government.

We sat in class, as usual, with our seatmates. Ore was beside me, being his usual annoying and funny self. Ninuola in front of me and Nina at her front.

Ninuola made her seatmate, Jire Umubi, paint her finger nails...yes she made the poor boy do it while the teacher was in class. And the boy had no choice. Ninu was right, she could make him do anything.

That girl sef...

Nina was her usual self, all smiles and happy and all. Things were looking up and back to normal. I just absolutely loved this New Year and today.

And it felt like I would overcome my problem. Although I didn't sound so sure when Ore asked me in front of everyone what was up with the project. I kinda felt the pressure but I could actually say I was getting better.

I think...

Kinda...

Sorta...

*Shrugs*

"Y'all will agree with me that the political apathy of most Nigerian citzens is the government's fault, yeah?" Mrs. Obeng, our Civic education and class teacher, said as she walked round the class, gesticulating as she did, bringing me back to the present.

The whole class chorused "Yes!"

"Yes oh!"

"Honestly!"

And more and more murmuring...but she clapped her hands to gain our attention. "Okay, okay...but would you join them? Would you join those citizens to continue the trend? Wouldn't you want to change the way things are, or the way things would be?" She asked as she raised a brow.

The whole class broke into murmuring again.

I thought about this.

Would we continue the trend? Would I?

The fact that the Nigerian government has failed us so many times is one big discouragement! There is a 99.99% chance that us youngsters would continue the trend. We would.

Ninu raised her hand as Mrs. Obeng quieted the whole class down again.

"Yes, Ninuola, speak please," She said.