Who Does Not Drink That Does Not Risk

You were once asked, "How often do mishaps happen in your life?" At the time you answered confidently: "it doesn't matter how often, what matters is how I deal with the problem as it comes up."

Yes, that's pretty smart, but today you failed to follow your own rule.

Sometimes we have days when things fall through the cracks and that's perfectly normal.

- It's perfectly normal. - You nod to yourself, but it doesn't make you feel any better. It's like there's a stone in your chest instead of a heart, and it's pulling you down hard.

Things haven't been going well since this morning. With a surprising frequency, you wondered if you'd caught the bad luck from poor Bennett? Except, unlike you, he's always smiling.

You're not feeling very well right now. At all.

If someone had told you that today you'd waste all the food on a mission that wasn't even yours, you'd have been more circumspect. If anyone had known that treasure snatchers would pounce on you several times on way out of Li Yue... You would have locked yourself in your room, in Wanshu, and hit the road a day later.

Even when you arrived in Mondstadt, taking a shower, you managed to put a bruise on your butt. It's like this day wants to kill you. Maybe even a week. A few days ago, you had a big fight with your friend. You appreciated your relationship with him, but sometimes he's just unbearable. Uncontrollable. But it's not about your brain...

You'd be lying if you said it didn't upset you. You hadn't seen each other in ages as it was, and when you visited him, all the way to the city of contracts, he was acting annoyed.

You thought maybe it was you, maybe you'd hurt him somehow. But attempts to discuss the problem ended with him ignoring you. Thank you, Xiao.

He's always been so taciturn, unsociable and fragile at heart, but he said some pretty stupid things yesterday. You're not an easy person to infuriate, and it takes a lot of work to get your anger. Guess who did?

Yeah, it's really frustrating when you try your best for someone else, but in the end there's no one you can go to with your problem. To know that you will be listened to and helped. To make you feel safe...

But you're finally home. Smile or cry? There's one very nice person here, too, who's keeping your mind occupied.

And you were right to walk into the tavern. He's here tonight... Sitting at the back table. Of course he is - it's Diluc's shift. Hm,wait..

I wonder why he didn't sit at the bar to piss off his brother. - you thought as you took his seat.

- Hello. - The owner of the distillery said hello, putting away a clean glass. The guard who was sitting next to you left the room, as if he was uncomfortable sitting next to you.

Do I smell bad? - You sniffed your damp after-shower hair. - I smell great!

- I don't see you around here very often. - Diluk brought you back down to earth.

- Oh, yeah. It's been a rough day today, so I've come to spoil it for you, Mr. Diluc.

The red-haired man didn't respond to this joke in any way. He put the mug in front of you, idly asking what you wanted.

- Something that would make me fall into a deep sleep.

Immediately after these words, the bloody liquid filled the glass to the middle.

It smelled pleasant. Before you took a sip, you ran your finger over the ring of the glass and glanced at the blue-haired mop sitting alone in the back.