01

~

Young Y/N sat on their staircase as they watched their parents move boxes around the room. They've returned back to Korea after their parents decided to come back from studying abroad in America.

"Y/N, why don't you go outside and explore?," Y/N's father called out from outside. Of course they would send them outside. What more could there be out there? Going from the car ride from the airport, they appeared to be in a small, farmland type of town. They rode into a neighborhood that had spacious yards with good sized houses, they were all spaced a good ways apart too. It seemed empty of kids because all they've seen were adults going about their daily lives.

The family pulled up to a house just about the same size as the rest but only slightly bigger in width, the family's yard was connected to a meadow with a nice river flowing behind it. It was a nice house in a quiet neighborhood, it was better than the apartment in America, and Y/N didn't mind going to explore the meadow.

But at the moment, the sun was setting, and stepping outside and feeling the warmth of the evening light felt good against their skin. The sky was painted with hues of red, orange, blue, and purple and it was a grand sight to see to their eyes. Walking off the porch and towards the meadow, a faint breeze blew past them as they edged towards the middle of the field of flowers. Flowers of white, gold, and pink bloomed everywhere from what the eye could see, the faint sound of water flowing in the background makes this moment feel ethereal.

How many days will go like this moment? Will it be the same everyday? Will they go through the same routine and grow bored from such a sight? Only the future holds what fate has desired. Y/N thought to themselves as they kept walking, not even realizing a figure crouched over by the river.

"OW!"

The figure yelped as Y/N had tripped over them causing them both to fall sideways. "You could watch where you're going, y'know?" The figure stood up from the ground grumbling as they dusted themselves off before reaching to help Y/N up as well. "I shouldn't have to if you weren't in my yard in the first place." Y/N argued back, dusting themselves off as well.

"Your yard? This isn't your yard, no one lived here as long as I've been born"
"Well apparently it's mine now since we're moving in right?"

The figure was taken aback. They glanced over to the house and seen the moving truck with  Y/N's parents still moving in boxes. Y/N took this moment to study the person in front of them.

It was a boy, he had brown hair styled into a bowl cut that hung slightly above his eyebrows. His face held doe like eyes with a pout set across his lips. His ears were kinda big but it fits him somehow. Y/N thought he looked like a rabbit but they didn't go any further on the small details. The boy wore a light hoodie with black shorts and was the same height as Y/N. The sun was almost out of the sky as the moon's light was making its spotlight against the river's surface.

"Well then, I guess I'll be heading home"
The boy turned and started making his way through the meadow. Y/N followed since it was time for them to return as well.

"I never caught your name by the way," The boy looked over as they reached the middle,   Y/N turned to face them.

"Y/N, what's yours?"

"Soobin. Choi Soobin."

Choi Soobin? His name is funky, Y/N thought to themselves as they nodded their head.

"Well, Choi Soobin, I guess this is where we make our separate ways"

"I guess so Y/N"

The two begin walking into different directions before Y/N turned around to call out to the other,

"Will you be back tomorrow?"

"Of course, as long as the moon is in the sky, I will always come back,"

Soobin smiled, his eyes formed crescents as they wrinkled at the corners. Deep dimples emitted from his puffy cheeks as the moonlight shined against his teeth. This made Y/N smile back in return, waving as they both set off again on their journey home.

They were seven at the time.