1

Lucas POV

Life as a prince is just as it sounds. I'm doted on, desired and spoilt rotten if I must insist. As the youngest of 9 children I have little to no responsibility as a royal other than living my life to the fullest as I have been for the last 60 years.

I've changed identity twice for the sake of the humans. When you stop aging at 26 and carry the body of a God because your parents have a great genoplan, it becomes necessary. I moved partially to the human world when I turned 30. I stole money and did a lot of different drugs hoping to full the imaginary whole that never seemed to have enough. Life as I knew it was great.

I've been thinking of opening a business of some sort..... maybe a casino.... maybe a strip club.... who knows I'm completely bored with my life. In human years I'm at the right age for a mid life crisis so go figure. It's my first day back home in almost a year. I've neglected to keep in contact with anyone in particular except my sister who was 2 minutes older than me. I'd sent word that I was visiting and I hoped with every might of every God that existed she hasn't told our parents.

"This isn't a good idea Luca. Kyra mentioned that there was some big celebration taking place tonight and that you should wait a few more days before making your grand entrance." Cassim, my life long best friend who had followed me for the adventure these past 10 years. We were making our way along the Brooklyn bridge to find the closest portal to get home and cassim had been drilling me all day about waiting to go home.

"Who cares, I'm not going to get married, I'm visiting. Isn't that what family does when they've been away for a long time?" I asked nonchalantly. He was nervous. I could almost smell it, "Is there something I should know that you're keeping from me Cassim? As your life long best friend and partner,not in the sexual sense, I think I deserve to know if I'm walking into a trap." I turned to him and stood ridged, it was my ultimate no nonsense stance.

He sputtered a little bit looking around as if to find  his wits then turned back at me and sighed. "There's a celebration at the castle tonight Luca. A royal celebration for Calen. I've been hearing buzzes here and there for a few weeks but I haven't the slightest clue what it is. Long story short.... everyone will be there. We will not be able to make a smooth entrance and a smooth get away." He pleaded. "Well that's marvellous Cass! It's been eons since I last attended a soiree of royal standards not withstanding that blast party Michael Jackson threw that we crashed. This is great news!!!" I jumped a little. He sighed, "I was afraid you'd say that..." he face palmed.

I gave him a slight shoulder slap, "oh cheer up bro. There are slight issues to attend to ,honestly, but we can pull it off. It's only been 6 months back home to our one year. We haven't lost all our manners. Of course there is the issue of attire and dates and I need a barber. Mother will kill us if she sees these beards!!" I kept walked towards the portal insignia on the pillar. "Luca. I still think we should at least wait until Sunday. Please?" He almost begged. I took out my royal sigil which never left my neck. It was a tainted saffire diamond with the royal crest at the back of its gold encasement.

"Cassim, when we left home we came to this time looking for excitement, adventure! What's more adventurous than crashing a royal party on a Wednesday night." I asked with a sly smile. The portal opened with a touch of my pendant and I grabbed my parter by his shoulders thrusting him in first. "Cheer up brother..... It's hump day!" I walked in behind him closing the portal.

                   ♤♡◇♧■♧◇♡♤

"That's absurd for one freaking burgundy suit caddy!! Is it because we're royal? I refuse to pay more than 50 gold coins for this. I must admit your work is often too exquisite but this is blasphemous to rob us like this!" I heckled Cadmeous, the town tailor who made all of my royal gowns. He rolled his eyes at me, "Luca if I must be rude, cassim is not royal and secondly this is a business. I have fabric to buy, machines to upkeep, workers to pay. These things require coin, something I know you never lack in returning home. You always bring some trinket or the other to trade the Gates Bank for coin. Spear me the wining. Besides your mother and sisters eminei and kyra told me if you came even a minute before the gala I should give you the cow of prices." He grinned happily, "Your mother misses you both terribly by the way. Greg wants your head for his wife. Says something about virtue." He waved the comment off , turning to fix cassim's suit, but I felt a sliver of sweat break out on my brow.

On my last trip home I had delivered a most beautiful girl the 'royal package' well for two days on my way to deliver a message for my father. We were both heading opposite directions so I didnt pay it any mind.  Imagine my shock on returning home to see said girl at the alter with my elder brother Greg..... meekly kneeling and saying I do. Needless to say I took an immediate trip back to the human world before what I had done was discovered.  "Swell... well fine I'll pay your price, if you'll throw in a nice cape to compliment it. I must look the part even if I am estranged and about to die tonight. And take back your comment on cassim. You know he's the son my mother never had and the Apple of mama's eye. He's as good as zafir blood goes in my book!" I demanded.

He further waved off my comment and reached out his hand for the coin.  When I passed him the price for the suits he grinned and walked off. "ISLAA!" he yelled at the back room. The most gorgeous 5 foot woman  came hurling out wrapped in a sheer skirt with bead and gold embellishments all over. The simply black blouse didn't hide her beauty, if anything it accentuated her curly dark hair and unusual violet eyes. I stepped off the pedestal I was fitted on in a daze. "Could I take you with me belle?" I whispered near her as she collected scraps and heaps from the customers who had left. She jumped slightly at seeing how  close I was and rolled her eyes. Ignoring me  completely.

"Playing hard to get I see. Name your price.... I'll treat you to a night as a royal, no exceptions, No questions asked." I teased touching a strand of her silky black hair. She scoffed, "I've  no idea who you think I am, but I cannot be bought, your majesty." She replied hastily walking into the back room she had scurried from. "Brother  maybe  you should leave her alone. You have no need for an escort tonight." Cassim Urged. "I don't need one but I want one." I waited until she  returned to collect more items and I helped her quietly. I had the last pile in my arms carrying it to the back room when she turned to me and bowed a little. "Thank you for the assistance your majesty but the wedding is about to start and I cannot attend with you. No price can be paid and no questions asked. Please enjoy your stay but I must leave." She took the heavy pile from me and shooed me from the back room.

I stumbled back to where cassim held my cape and new shoes. He was  dressed immaculately in a royal blue suit with a simple sword at his waist. My sword was at a belt and ready for me to go. "She said no didn't she, that's great let's go before we miss the ceremony." He hussled me to finish getting dressed. We were almost out the door when I stopped at the door and handed caddy all my coin. "Just for tonight..... work your magic Cadmeous. She must show." I patted his shoulder and hurried out the door, not leaving room for argument. "If I've said it once I've said it a million times, your persistence is going to be the death of me Lucas." Cassim reprimanded. I chuckled.

"I'd rather die fighting than die on my back. What's life without a little adventure?" I slapped his shoulder. "Come now, off to Calen's funeral March!" I announced and off we went to the castle.