Thanos is coming

"This is the Asgardian refugee vessel Statesman. We are under assault, I repeat, we are under assault - The engines are dead, life support failing. Requesting aid from any vessel within range. We are 22 jump points out of Asgard. Our crew is made up of Asgardian families, we have very few soldiers here. This is not a warcraft. I repeat, this is not a warcraft!" The ship is being hit by missiles. Inside the ship, Ebony Maw walks among the bodies of dead Asgardians. Heimdall, badly wounded, reaches out as if he would stop Maw as he passes, but lacks the strength. Maw steps over them with no mind as he speaks, as if they were scattered pieces of dirty clothing on a bedroom floor.

"Hear me, and rejoice. You have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan.... You may think this is suffering... no. It is salvation. Universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice. Smile..." Maw said. Corvus Glaive stabs one of the lingering Asgardians. "for even in death, you have become Children of Thanos." Maw said. Loki stands with the Black Order. He watches Thanos, shrouded in darkness and light, a vague silhouette. "I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right... yet to fail, nonetheless." Thanos said. Thanos lifts Thor by the neck of his breastplate. Thor struggles feebly in his grasp. ""It's frightening. Turns the legs to jelly. I ask you, to what end? Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here. Or should I say... I AM." Thanos holds up his hand to reveal the Infinity Gauntlet, which already hosts the violet Power Stone.

Thor is now being held by Thanos with one huge hand wrapping around his head; blood drools from his mouth. "You talk too much." He said. "The Tesseract, or your brother's head. I assume you have a preference." Thanos said to Loki. The Black Order heft their weapons or smirk, as appropriate. "Oh, I do. Kill away!" Loki said. Thanos' face expresses surprise briefly before presses the gauntlet to Thor's left temple. The Power Stone glows brightly as Thor screams hoarsely. Loki Starts losing his cool demeanor almost immediately as Thor suffers, and breaks after only a few moments. "ALL RIGHT, STOP!" He shouted. "We don't have the Tesseract. It was destroyed on Asgard." Thor said. Loki glances at Thor like he knows something he doesn't. He lifts his right hand into the air and the Tesseract reveals itself. "You really are the worst brother." Thor said.

"I assure you, brother... the sun will shine on us again." Loki said as he was holding the Tesseract out to Thanos. "Your optimism is misplaced, Asgardian." Thanos said. "Well, for one thing, I'm not Asgardian. And for another... we have a Hulk. And a witch." Loki said. Thanos looks to his right just as a green and very angry mass slams into him. Loki dives for Thor, pulling both of them out of the way as the Tesseract skitters across the floor, and you and Hulk charge Thanos. The Hulk pummels Thanos, forcing him backwards and shoving him into the wall of the ship. You then use some of your elemental powers on him. Maw stops Cull Obsidian from interfering. "Let them have their fun." He said.

Thanos pries the Hulk's hands away; an expression of surprise and fear crosses his green face. After several hard blows to you and Hulk, Thanos picks up the Hulk and slams him to the deck, defeated. Thor slams a metal bar across Thanos' back to no avail, is kicked across the deck by Thanos and is promptly bound in metal debris by Ebony Maw to keep him from interfering further. "Allfathers... let the dark magic flow through me one last... time." Heimdall said. Heimdall summons the Bifrost, which carries you and Hulk away; he meets Thor's eye. "That was a mistake." Thanos said. Thanos borrows Corvus's glaive and stabs Heimdall through the heart, twisting the blade in the wound. "NO!!! You're going to die for that!" Thor cried. Maw shuts Thor's mouth with his telekinesis. "Shh." Maw Kneels before Thanos, offering up the Tesseract. "My humble personage... bows before your grandeur. No other being has ever had the might, nay the nobility, to wield not one, but two Infinity Stones. The universe lies within your grasp." He said.