1

The moon was bright tonight. It was a blood moon, or so they call it. You sat on a hill in front of the ocean. The water shone red due to the moons rays. It was a warm night but the breeze was chilly.

You sat alone. Buried in your thoughts, you wondered many things.

How did it come to this? Ever since you were a child you lived a good life. You were fine all your life but where did it go wrong? You sat alone with only the moon and the sounds of the crashing ocean to accompany you.

As you sat and thought, you felt your limbs grow weak and tired, you decided to rest. You leaned on the tree behind you. You placed your hand on your stomach and felt a wet patch. 'Hm? When did i spill something on me?' Without any more thought, you continued to stare off into the beautiful sight upon you. The ocean calmed your loneliness.

In the back of your mind you realized what was happening, which brought a tear to your eye. So this is how it would end? Alone. Always alone. Right when you needed someone the most, you were alone. You thought about the people you had shared your life with. Ah... how nice it would be to speak to them again, no? To see their face and tell them everything your heart wanted to share. But this was it. Right here, you would die alone.

"The moon is so beautiful today, isn't it darling?" You spoke. Your hand stretched out to hold someone, something, anything. But the only thing in your grasp was nothing but pure nothingness. "I've missed you" You said, hoping your words would be heard. You always wanted to tell them this, but seeing as these were your final moments, you finally summoned the courage. "We're finally alone." You said yet again.

Tears escaped both your sparkling eyes now, mocking the diamond-filled ocean. The inevitable truth laid in your heart. They weren't here. And you were alone. But you wanted this, no? You wanted to be alone. You pushed them away until you no longer felt their presence. You shoved them to the side and screamed saying you were fine alone. And they stayed away.

They stayed so far away, that when they were no longer around, you mourned those days where they would annoy you. You missed the times they would try to stop you from doing insane things. You missed them.

But as you sat in this world, where you were the only survivor, you grieved. The tears that never escaped your eyes when the light of day brushed your skin, escaped now. They were finally free.

You felt your eye sight become blurry, or rather weak. 'But i need to show this sight to them' you thought.

The wet spot on your stomach grew painful, and the red stain on your hand dried from the fresh breeze.

As you could no longer feel your limbs, but only the pain in your heart and in the pit of your stomach you thought. Why did they never reply? Why were you the only one speaking?

Oh right.

You're alone.

again.

You've been alone.

That's what you wanted.

And now, as the black abyss of darkness took the last remaining bit of life from your body, the last sight your eyes absorbed was the red waters of the ocean. The diamond filled red pool that would one day consume your pulverized skin and your decaying bones. A true gift.

And as the last bit of life left your body... you thought. "I'm alone." And darkness.

Alone. You're alone. You died alone. Your death was all by yourself. You died alone, and you will be alone forever. Alone.