Ahkmenrah's New Roommate

It was an unusually busy day at the Museum of Natural History. Not that the museum hadn't been busy before thanks to the new night program. There was a crew of workers inside the Tomb of Ahkmenrah making proper arrangements. The reason being the Museum was expecting a new mummy within the next few days. Well, some of the mummy's belongings had already arrived but the mummy itself wouldn't be at the museum for at least another two days. No one knew the mummy's identity seeing as though there was no name on the sarcophagus but the mummy was found buried not too far away from where Ahkmenrah himself was buried. All the museum's curator, Dr. McPhee, knew was that the mummy was a female and died when she was somewhere in her teens. Though how she died still remained a mystery. The museum's night guard, Larry Daley, was also informed about the new addition earlier that morning before he went home. 

Later on that night before the sun went down, Larry was waiting patiently for Ahkmenrah to wake up. Obviously he was there to explain to him why his exhibit was under heavy renovations. Larry was waited between five and ten minutes before the Tablet began to glow and the lid to Ahkmenrah's sarcophagus slid open. "Ahk! Hey, glad I managed to get in here before the sun went down!" said Larry watching as the young Pharaoh looked around his tomb in confusion. His sarcophagus wasn't in the same place as it usually was. Instead, it was laying vertically on what looked like a platform and there was another platform next to his. Not to mention the crates that were stored in the far corner of the room. "Yeah, as you can see, there are some changes being made in here. Turns out, you're getting a roommate in a few days." said Larry. "A.....roommate?" asked Ahkmenrah looking up at Larry as he tested the new word on his tongue. "Yeah yeah. What that means basically is that you're going to be sharing your room with another mummy." said Larry. "Really? A man or a woman? And what are they like? What is their name? Is it anyone I know? Where were they found? How old were they at their time of death?" "Whoa! Whoa! One at a time Ahk!" said Larry as Ahkmenrah seemed suddenly interested in having another mummy around. "I'm sorry, Larry. It's just....if I am to share my tomb with them, I'd like to know about them and possibly befriend them. I don't want to seem like an ungrateful host." said Ahkmenrah who seemed to be avoiding eye contact with Larry. "Yeah. No, no I get it. Well, to answer some of your questions, all we know is the mummy is a girl who was found buried apparently not too far from your original tomb back in Egypt. As for how old she is, according to Dr. McPhee she was roughly in her mid to late teens when she died." said Larry. "So she could've been my age when she met her end...." said Ahkmenrah suddenly feeling a heavy pit in his stomach. He could only imagine what the girl went through to have met her end at such a young age. Was she killed out of jealousy by someone close to her like he was or did she die in a different manner? "Ahk, Ahk, talk to me. What's on your mind?" asked Larry kneeling down and resting a hand on the Pharaoh's shoulder. "I....I was merely wondering about how this new mummy could've met her end and if she perished by the hand of someone she knew and loved like....." Ahkmenrah trailed off as he fought back tears that were threatening to spill from his eyes. "Like.....?" asked Larry waiting for Ahkmenrah to continue. ".....like how I died by the hands of my own older brother." finished Ahkmenrah who pulled his knees up to his chest to hug them and turned his head away from Larry. He would not allow his friend to see him in such an undignified state. He was a Pharaoh after all and Pharaohs DO NOT cry. "Ahk. Ahk, look at me." said Larry placing both hands on the Pharaoh's shoulders but Ahkmenrah still refused to look the night guard in the eye. "Ahk, listen, you're still shaken about everything you went through from having an older brother who killed you out of pure jealousy to being locked in your sarcophagus for fifty plus years. But you've gotta be the bigger mummy here. After all, this mummy that's going to be coming here, she's going to be brought back to life to the first time in THOUSANDS of years. That's a long time to be asleep you know? She'll probably be confused and scared and since she's going to be sharing your exhibit with you, chances are she's going to need you to be the stronger one and show her all the things she missed while she was asleep. You don't want her roaming around the museum and accidently running into the Civil War guys or the Huns do you?" asked Larry and Ahkmenrah's head immediately shot up. "Oh god, the Huns will probably chase her around the entire museum!" he said feeling his eyes go wide at the thought. The Huns could still be ruthless when they wanted to be. ESPECIALLY Attila. "Exactly! Look, Ahk, it's going to be OK. Who knows, you two might even become close friends. And maybe something more if you find her good looking enough if you know what I mean." said Larry playfully elbowing the Pharaoh and making Ahkmenrah tilt his head down with a slight smile and a light blush dusting his face. "I....haven't the faintest idea what you could possibly mean, Larry." said Ahkmenrah trying to hide his smile and possibly failing. "Right, sure you don't. Anyway, I'm going to let you get changed and all while I go tell the rest of the museum about our new friend arriving in a few days. Like I said, Ahk, give her a chance. You never know, you might have a thing or two in common with one another." said Larry patting Ahkmenrah on the shoulder before exiting the Egyptian Exhibit.