Pain

Chris Pov;

So all these were all lies! All the moments, the memories and the outmost certainty that this was special. I swear it felt special and real. It was so hard to face the facts. A part of me was still in denial, I knew I couldn't handle this and definitely I wasn't strong. The pain creeps in and sadness takes over. I knew I was damaged. I still heard her sweet voice in my head, begging me and telling me that I'll get over it. How could she have done this? Her innocence, that's how I thought she was! Innocent. I guess she only let me know a part of her that enticed me, her damn innocence. I guess that's how humans are right? They only give us access to apart of them that they only want us to know. I swear this girl felt different, she really did. I laid on my bed that night, a million thoughts running through my mind. That's when I knew I was finally damaged. Haha! I was back to the streets but this time I don't think I'd even want to search for my special someone. This was the type of heart ache that would send me straight to the morgue. I guess the one who's left behind is the one who's always left feeling empty with unanswered questions. So tonight was one of those many nights where I felt vulnerable, weak and so broken inside. As I'm silently yet loudly thinking about her, I wished that someday things would align in my damn favour.

I closed my eyes in search of a random memory that would give me peace. I yearned for peace just like  I yearned for her touch. In the search, I found my world, my everything, my light, my Mildred. It was her, it has always been her and even after everything it's still her. I wanted to forget about her existence but deep down I knew she owned every entire bit of my soul. I embraced her in my thoughts and I was okay with her being only a thought. "Mildred had left, she's no longer mine. I should let her go, I should move on." This, this was what I've been running away from. This is the bitter truth. Mildred was my heaven and my hell, my perfect imperfection, my dream yet again my nightmare. How could I just forget about her. I laid on my bed thinking of how I can have a thousand thoughts and a million emotions just for one person. I felt like the universe was colliding with Mildred to torture me for my dark past. That, that really felt so like hell I swear. I was never a fan of quotes but this time I was scrolling through me phone looking for that one quote that would give me a little reassurance. I'm fucked up I know and everyone is.

"I knew you couldn't get over me that easily. Took you so long to realize that I'm your missing piece that makes you feel complete, Mildred said". I could hear the mockery in her voice. I tried speaking, I tried to tell her that I still want her to make me feel complete, I needed her to know I was empty without her, I had so many words I needed to say but they couldn't just come out. But why?? Why?? " Look at you. Haha, you still can't move on with your miserable life. Chris, you were only but a vibe and it faded. I must agree there's a time that I really did love you alot but shit just happened. I'm so sorry" She said. I saw her walking close to me until we were so near. I could feel her soft breathe. Damn! She was so fucking close. She held my hands and pushed me towards her. She hugged me so tightly that I could feel her heart pounding. She looked me straight in the eyes and told me to move on. This time I literally felt my heart breaking. How could she! How..?? Mildred, how??...

"Chris! Wake up. You will be late for school." My sister Alarmi vigorously woke me up. So it was all a fucking dream. I felt my shirt covered in sweat and my hands wrapped around my body. That dream felt so real.

Alarmi's pov..
The look of Chris face was scary and from his expressions it was so vivid that whatever dream he had, it was one hella of a dream. I wanted to calm him down but I didn't know how. I stood in silence trying to figure out what was next. " Hey, you know you can leave my room, right? I'm already awake." He said. I gave him the I know right look as I made my way towards the door. He held my hand and said thanks before opening the door for me. This was unusual. I went to the sitting room and patiently waited for Chris