we are stolen art

The grass bent under the heavy soles of high boots, birds flew from the trees from the loud laughter of two people who were recklessly in love. They ran through the field, not paying attention to anything around them, even to the coming hurricane.

The couple heard a warning on the news in the morning while they were making each other breakfast. But they were preoccupied with telling about their dreams, rather than the upcoming danger.

- Wait for me! - He shouted to the girl running ahead. His breath was coming in short gasps, where was his inhaler?

The guy stopped, bent over, recovering his breath. When he heard heavy footsteps and his name a few feet away, he looked up. The girl with the silver hair rushed at him, spreading her arms to the sides. Together they fell to the ground, laughing loudly.

The sun was setting behind the clouds, its rays were no longer so bright, Billie's hair didn't shimmer on them as wonderfully. Both became quiet. Embracing, they lay among the tall grass, daisies and other field plants.

It was getting darker, the wind howled so that the trees bent almost to the ground. The first drops of rain soaked his clothes and hair. Looking at each other anxiously, the couple grabbed each other's hands, pressing closer to each other. This does not comply with any safety rules at all, but it made them feel better.

The thunder deafened them for a moment as they got to their feet. Still not letting go of each other, they ran across the field, hoping to find shelter. The drizzle turned into a heavy downpour. But it would never turn the fire of their love into dirt, because they continued to run, without raising their heads to the sparkling lightning in the gloomy sky.

Splashing dirty rainwater, jumping through puddles, the lovers raced towards the station.

- How much more time do we have? - The guy shouted, squeezing the girl's hand harder. But no matter how loud he shouted, it was almost impossible to hear him because of the strong wind.

- 20 minutes! We have 20 minutes! - After saying the numbers, her heart felt heavy. Most recently, she just announced the move, which was still a month away, and now they have a few minutes to say goodbye.

The couple ran into the building, having passed the necessary check, they went to the waiting room. It was empty, almost no one, which is strange. Most of the people were already standing under an umbrella on the platform, waiting in line with a ticket in their hands.

After buying a soda from a nearby vending machine, Billie plopped down on the plastic seat, opening the Coke with a loud click. She dropped her backpack on the floor. Sighing sadly, the guy sat down next to her.

- Are you going to miss me? -  The silver-haired girl tilted her head back, studying the ceiling.

Her companion sniffed, and, fidgeting a little, lay down on the plastic, resting his head on Eilish's lap. Her legs, skirt and hoodie were soaked through, but he didn't care.

- Hey, don't worry about it. It will take two months, you will find another pretty girl, and you will forget about me. Life will get better! - She said it with an eerie serenity that was completely out of place here.

She was afraid that he would forget about her faster than she would forget about him. What if she doesn't forget him at all? Never?

- We have thirteen more minutes-Billie ran her fingers through the guy's hair, which was fluffy with moisture, trying to calm him down.

- It's terribly difficult, you know? I have so much to tell you, we have so many plans... - The girl sipped a Coke from a can, listening attentively to the guy.

She completely agreed with everything he said, but when she made any sound, she immediately protested, calming down with self-persuasion.

The rain was pounding hard on the huge windows of the waiting room, the people began to gradually pull up. The atmosphere changed, it became noisier. And now, her train is announced, it is already standing at the platform. Passing the next check, people left the room, filling the train cars.

- Write to me, okay? - Brushing herself off, Billie got up from her chair, throwing the jar into the nearest trash can.

- and don't pretend you don't care - The lover hugged the girl, hugging her to him, dreaming of forever remembering her parfume.

Eilish leaned forward, standing on tiptoe, touching her warm lips to his. They would have liked this moment to last longer, but the notification of the departing train made them pull away from each other.

Waving her arms out of the train window, she looked for him with her eyes. Has he left?

The asthmatic ran out onto the platform, trying to catch up with an accelerating train that was traveling away from the platform and from this city in general. Terribly deep puddles soaked his socks, tomorrow he will wake up with a fever, but that will be later. Still waving his arms furiously, he could no longer see her window, but in his mind he felt that she was still looking.

Stumbling over his own feet, the guy fell, tearing his knees in blood on the hard bricks. The searing pain seemed nothing against the background of the terrible pain in his chest, like a storm cutting through him. He collapsed on the asphalt, closing his eyes, hoping that she would come back.

***

There are Band-aids on his knees, the swing creaks. The sun is shining in the sky, the breeze is blowing pleasantly. Butterflies fly in the stomach, making the guy smile more. Everything is perfect, except the girl hugging him is no longer Billie. And the letters are gathering dust in the bottom drawer of the bedside table.