Ch1

In the quiet small town,at one of its inky icy nights.
One person u would expect to stay till this late time in the station...Working.
He put his mid-short black hair in a half bun and a red pen over his right ear.
Digging in and rummaging between the case's files and the newspapers that covered the horrible news about kids disappeared without any trait or a thin line leads to them.
The news said with bold black title;
"Third vanishment in this year and the doer still mysterious"

He folded the newspaper and put over his messy brown wooden desk and stood.
He dug his fingers into his hair ruffled it and crimped his forehead's skin by pressing it and squeezing his eyes shut tightly.

This case brought headache and insomnia to his tired black eyes, how could that be possible for 3 people disappeared like this way without anything denotes to their bodies?
No bodies no crime scene no witnesses no tools of the crime!

It looks like they just evaporated from existence.
Like they weren't with us in this world from the first place!!!They were as random names in this Town people's memories.

He sat on his chair and turned his body to meat the big wide board behind him that filled with many pics of the victims and red strings and some circles he drew.

He tried to figure out something they had in common but all what came with him was that their ages were close to each other.
They were between 9 and 13 years old.
If they weren't kids,we would think they just fled of this deadly town.

He is stuck with this issue for more than 4 months but no result came up with his searching....even there is no accused to charge or arraign.

He turned his head and looked at the window,it's so dark outside and snowing.
he was thinking about spending other night here in his office ,there is a bed at the left corner of this room.
Well, it ain't seems to be the first time for him to sleep away of his house.

Maybe...the idea that they just evaporated was correct ...and close to the reality....
_______________________

"Good morning detective Ryan did u sleep well?"
Ryan slowly opened his eyes and closed them,bothered from the strong light and the smily happy face over his head that was upside down of his body.
He covered his eyes via his arm and whimpered "is it morning,yet?"

The lively person raised his upper body that was bent over Ryan and went to the coat rack"It's 8 am and u're still asleep here....actually did u go to ur house yesterday?"

"No,I didn't or to be more accurate I couldn't it was snowing outside"

"What?The sky started snowing at 4 am!!were u working till the dawn?u'll collapse one day from overworking,Ryan"

"I couldn't stop working ,Adam.Other kid got missed and I'm still a thousand miles away from the culprit,that makes me feel deficient"

Adam hung his coat then turned to stay on his desk"Is that why u're Refusing to get help from other detectives?u wanna catch the criminal by urself and that will make u feel stronger or like a hero?"

Ryan turned his head looked at Adam's brown eyes and said in censure tone "No Adam that's not the reason,they came here and determined from their asses that the kids got lost in the woods,can u believe that!"

"To be honest..that's the only sensible idea,Ryan.We don't know WHERE they went "

"No that's insensible and inconclusive!How they disappeared in sporadic times with irregular gaps?and 3 kids!3!"

Ryan got up from the bed and continued while walking towards Adam.
"They don't wanna do some efforts and determined randomly that cessation to make the victims families and journalists shut up,if it was 1 or 2 together,it would be credible but they're in 3 intermittent periods and losing them in woods isn't a rational option"

Suddenly the door opened to reveal Mr.Moore the officer that usually works in the reception"Good morning gentlemen.
Ryan ,Mr.Smith wants u urgently in his office"

"I hope it's gonna be stopping u from working on this case before u kill urself"

Adam said then he got a sip of his coffee like he didn't say anything.
Ryan gave him indignation's glance then turned to the rack to catch his blue jacket,he was wearing just a white t shirt that showed his slightly muscular arms and black jeans pants.

He wore it and before he closed the door behind him without turning his head
"I have feeling that they didn't get lost in the woods and sure about other thing happened to them and i'll prove it soon"
then closed the door.

Adam didn't say anything he just shrugged his shoulders and gulped other sip of his sweet hot coffee,then turned to work on the fields he has.
He also has the same feeling that their missing isn't a normal situation and just kids played in the woods and lost their way back.
It's something bigger and more dangerous and Ryan won't be able to handle it alone.

_______________________________
Ryan POV..

"No sir I don't welcome it"

I knew that the chief is so old and one day he will go insane and screw things up...and it happened today,but in worse way not like the scenario i've made ahead in my mind.

"Ryan, unfortunately, that's an order and this time it isn't from me it's from the prosecution"

I slapped the chief's desk's surface and looked at his eyes furiously"and u'll let them to mess everything up and waste our time!and again?we're not playing we're dealing with lives here not dolls!"

"And that's why they sent the instructions,it's starting to get out of control and become serious"
The chief is trying to keep his cool and cleared his throat then straightened up from his seat.
Mr.Smith walked around his office and went to the coffee corner beside the door that has a machine,few coffee capsules,cups and basket filled with chocolates and cakes.

He took a capsule and inserted it in a small hole located over that shiny red machine then pressed the white button to start making a coffee.
I turned to him swiftly and my eyes were about to get out of the sockets"Do u mean I don't take it seriously!i put my live on this case"

Mr.Smith sighed and came with a cup of black coffee and small wrapped cake in his hands
"son listen,don't get me wrong I know how hard u're working to spare their life.
But like what I told u it's getting to be grievous and we're still stuck in our place without any slight progress in our search,we don't know where they been taken away or when that person has snatched them"

He gave me that coffee and that cake and smiled to me
"I'm not an enemy to u Ryan or against u,u know already how much i believe in u and trust u the most in this station that i let u till now have this case for that amount of time"
Mr.Smith's voice got a bit darker and spoke in firm tone
"The news reached around the whole country and there are similar cases happened on other locations and we don't know if they're related to each other or not"

"They will say the same thing nothing will change and other kids will disappear"

The chief put his warm hand over my back and tapped it slowly
"No they will not,they acknowledged something odd is happening and need to recheck.
This time try to work with them,Ryan"

I stayed looking at him in silence for couple of minutes.unable to make any difference or to stop the chief.