1

A single tear rolled down (y/n)'s  cheek, as she stared down at the letter she held in her hands.

She hadn't wanted to believe it; she couldn't be going to Hogwarts as a transfer. As the tear splattered over the deputy headmistress (Minerva McGonagall)'s name, her mind raced to her friends, friends she would soon be leaving behind.

And yet, it couldn't be all bad, after all, Hogwarts had some interesting history, as well as Harry Potter attending it. How (y/n) longed to see that scar for herself. It would be the first thing she would do, she thought to herself, to get on that train and find his compartment. As she carefully placed the letter onto her desk, she bent over to untie something else from the owl's leg; The Daily Prophet.

On the front cover was, of course, the notorious face of Sirius Black, mass murderer of 12 muggles and a wizard, whose name (y/n) didn't know, all with a single curse. There he was, laughing his head off, whilst being sent to Azkaban. (y/n) didn't know how people could turn as mad as that. Black was such a threat that even the Muggles (non-magical folk) had this hotline for any sightings of him; this really was a situation where it was all hands on deck.

She put it down, looking, now, at her calendar, silently counting the days up until September the first, when she would be meeting Harry Potter.

A/N 

Ik this is short, but i had to start it slow, i promise it'll only get better from here :)