| 33 |

Chapter Thirty Three

~

"Today's gonna be an easier day, and I'm gonna put on a short movie for you," Mr. Brown announces to the class.
I lean back in my chair and sigh with relief.

"The film is a documentary on algorithms and how we use them in our everyday life."
Oh yeah that's right. We can't just enjoy a movie, it has to be math related.

Instantly I hear a couple students groan in frustration. I did inside my head, but not out loud.
Next to me, Louis was using the eraser of his pencil to trace shapes on the desk. Well- invisible shapes I guess.

Mr. Brown went to the back of the class and turned off the lights, which immediately made me want to sleep (since I haven't been getting any).

Once the lights were off, the girl in front of me (Amelia) turned in her seat.
"Hey," she whispered, "you two coming to Oliver's party? On Friday?"

I feel my face heat up.
"I-"

"I'll probably go. I have nothing else going on," Louis answers beside me.

Amelia smiles at him for quite some time, her eyes traveling down him.

I don't know why that irritates me so much.

She looks back to me.
"You?"

I bite the inside of my lip and my nails dig into my palm.
"I don't think so..."

From the corner of my eye, I could see Louis throw me a side glance.

My heart started wacking against my rib cage.

"Oh come on y/n it'll be fun!" She tries to convince.

The documentary started in the background.

"I just- I don't really have good luck when it comes to parties. People make stupid decisions," I shrug and look down.

I knew that Louis was still listening, because he let out a tense sigh and looked away. He put his pencil down.

Amelia shrugs and turns back around in her seat as she whispers, "Suit yourself."

There's no way I could go.

Are you kidding? I mean the last parties I've been at have been disasters. I got kissed by Louis and everyone saw, I had a panic attack, and then at the next one I got high off some edibles!

Why would I even consider going to another?

Taking a deep breath, I sink back into my chair and try to forget about it.

"I'll probably go. I have nothing else going on."

For most of the documentary, it's been silent the whole time. I guess the entire class is tired or something. Or at least I know I am.
And I'm sure Louis was too.

Because he did that thing. The one where you close your eyes and start sinking down, but them do a little jump and open them again.