INTRODUCTION - 1

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

currently playing: sweet tooth by cavetown
0:41 ─|──────── 4:06

|◁ II ▷|

∞ ↺

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

"pull my head
out the sand,
try as hard
as i can.
guess i must be satisfactory,
you said you love me exactly the way i am."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

hello everyone! welcome to my first book :D
this book will act as a journal for my shifting experiences, stories, and maybe a qna if i get enough readers.
well, you've read the title. let's get to the introduction!
my name is slugcat. my pronouns are they/them, and i'm nonbinary. you can call me by any of the nicknames listed in the description, those being slug, sluggo, and kat if you didn't read it. i'm a big fan of cavetown, mxmtoon, and vocaloid music. i love playing rain world, which is actually where i got my name from! my other favorite games are minecraft, hollow knight, and pokemon (huge pokenerd here <3). i love reading, some of my favorite series are wings of fire, guardians of gahoole, and warrior cats. if you have any interests in common with me, great! maybe we can be friends :).
bit of an insomniac as well, updates to this book may happen late at night because i have nothing to do during that time lol.
racism, homophobia, transphobia, and sexism will NOT be tolerated in my comments, on my page, or anywhere near me. mocking or making fun of neurodivergent people will also get you blocked.
please use tone indicators! i might be neurodivergent myself (not tested, will get tested soon) and i cannot tell tone over text. a list of tone indicators will be provided below at the end of this chapter.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
that does it for an introduction, dont'cha think? i'll include a little bit of information about shifting as well, this is a shifting book after all.
so about tiktok... i DID first hear about shifting on tiktok, but you should never EVER believe everything you see on there. there is a lot of misinformation on there, and i will be covering that shortly. always do research! read from reliable sources!! there's plenty of experienced shifters here on wattpad if i remember correctly.
so, let's cover some of the basics about shifting that i've learned about!

"i'm scared of shifting, what if i get stuck in my d.r?"
you cant. you CANNOT get stuck in your d.r, you can leave whenever you choose! i recommend scripting a safeword for when you want to leave, like "return" or "leaving", but your safeword can be whatever you want.
"is shifting hard?"
from what i've heard, no. it's not hard at all. you just have to have the right intentions and positively affirm yourself. i've heard subliminals and wave frequencies help (theta and epsilon are the main ones ive heard?).
"what is a waiting room?"
a waiting room is a place you shift to before you're desired reality. i'm not exactly sure how useful it is, but i hear it helps you shift into your d.r easier and is safer than chucking yourself in face-first. you can use your lifa app in there to edit your scripts as well, i think.
"what is the LIFA app, and can i download it?"
the lifa app is an app on your phone only in your shifted state. it allows you to edit and create scripts while shifted, and to customize how you look in your d.r.
"what is scripting?"
scripting is like creating your own self-insert fanfiction of some sorts. you script everything about yourself in your d.r, like your height, weight, what you look like, what you enjoy doing, what you hate, what friends you have, how healthy you are, how to return to your c.r, everything! it's not exactly a fanfiction, and it's more like a character creator than anything. you can write it on physical paper, in the notes app on your phone, in google docs, anything! personally, i use the notes app because my handwriting Sucks Ass lol. most people say to script that you're immortal, have a high pain tolerance so you don't get hurt, and an easy way to return back to your c.r. from what i've heard, most people shift permanently and never shift back. i don't know if it's dangerous or not, though.
"what does d.r and c.r stand for?"
d.r stands for desired reality, which is the reality you want to shift to. c.r stands for current reality, the reality you're already in, real life.
"how do i shift? is there a certain way to do it?"
there is no "certain way" to shift, there are many different methods like the julia method, the sunni method, the raven method, and so much more. i say try different ones, and whichever one resonates with you and works well, keep using it!

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
well i think that does it! thanks for sticking around this long, and perhaps continue reading if you're interested. if i missed anything, feel free to shoot me a dm or tag me in the comments with something you'd like answered! keep in mind i have NOT shifted before and all of this information is coming from hours of research that i've done, so i might not be able to answer very specific questions that i'm asked.

goodbye, and until next time
have a wonderful day/night/afternoon,
                         -slugcat

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

currently playing: sweet tooth by cavetown
3:56 ────────|─ 4:06

|◁ II ▷|

∞ ↺

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

"sweet tooth, for you
my honeydew.
i'll see you in
my garden soon.
beneath the skin, it's cardiac.
a safety pin.
i like you.. say it back?"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

tone indicators v