Meetings

Gloom.

There was a feeling of gloom within the limo, one which permeated everything. Jason sat in his seat, watching his foster brother carefully, noting the look of doom and gloom on Dick's face as he looked out the limo window, leaning one cheek into the palm of his hand while every so often glancing up and giving Jason a cheeky grin as if nothing was wrong, yet...

Something was wrong, and Jason would glance away each time, knowing he couldn't do anything about whatever the problem inside of Dick's head was. Whatever the problem was, it was there before he became Robin, eating away at Dick who'd become Nightwing. Perhaps this was the reason Dick became Nightwing instead of Robin, whatever was going on in his head that he was hiding.

His foster brother of course hid that there was something wrong, by keeping up that mask, hugging others, and getting into their personal space, focusing on everyone else's problem.

As much as he hated the concept of family, there was no way to deny in his head that he'd formed a bond with the strange young man who was a couple of years older than him who welcomed him with open arms as family—there was no way he could fix things, but as family, Jason happened to be around more often than those who weren't when Dick's mask slipped.

Though he tried.

"We're here, Master Richard. Master Jason."

"Uh-huh. Why did Bruce take us with him on this business trip?" Jason muttered. "And what are we here for?"

"For cake, of course."

"Ah—"

Jason turned to look at Dick, noting he didn't seem to be interested in getting cake despite the fact he did, have a sweet tooth, yet he'd heard Wally—Kid Flash—mention something about the pastries in Paris being super good and needing to bring something back for him and his gluttonous stomach. He looked away, not at all interested in the stop they were making.

"Master Bruce is wanting one for a meeting..."

"Oh," Jason grumbled.

"Though that doesn't mean you two can't have a rare treat."

Dick's sweet tooth—he relished the chances Alfred let him have something sweet, yet he seemed disinterested as they got out of the limo, but looking at the bakery shop—it didn't seem much different from a bakery one might find in Gotham, yet Jason wondered if it would do anything to perk Dick's mood up.

The person behind the counter spoke cheerfully, probably welcoming them to the shop even though Jason didn't understand a lick of French. Dick did, and his attention perked up and his mouth opened while his robin blue eyes focused on the woman smiling at him, but then she said his name. She hurried over, scooping him into a hug while his entire thin frame tensed up. The man behind the counter called out to someone as Jason recognized a name, yet he didn't know what they were saying. She hurried in and squealed upon seeing Dick, hugging him as the woman did.

Jason felt—jealous. Jealous that seeing this girl managed to put a smile on Dick's face, yet also jealous because—he looked at the girl, glancing away as a blush spread across his cheeks. Dick spoke with them before the girl took off into her room, bringing a picture back. He didn't know what the picture was, but he felt confused. Dick's eyes blinked. "Oh. Jason."

He mentioned something regarding Jason being his foster sibling, but Marinette mentioned something about how the circus always stopped a couple of times every year, and meeting the Grayson family was a big deal—pen pals.

And—Jason had a definite crush on Marinette. Just like he had a crush on the newest heroine to the team—Ladybug.