43. After that visit

After that visit, Bakugou didn't come to the hospital to see me again. I'm not sure why. Did he find out the truth? Did she completely erase me from his memory?

I've not wanted to say anything to Hawks, but I am thinking about it.

Returning home was not possible as the league could show up at any time, so I moved in with Hawks.

His apartment is... pretty simple to be honest. I don't know why I was expecting something luxurious, sexy. It's minimalistic, yet cosy.

I settled in his spare bedroom, although I thought it was occupied.

"Is this someone's bedroom?"

"Used to be my roommate's."

"You had a roommate?" Surely he can afford the rent.

"Yeah. I liked the company."

"When did he move out."

"She... moved out a few months ago."

"Oh! I'm sorry. I assumed."

"It's okay."

"Why did she move out?" Staring at the floor, he seems lost in his thoughts. "It's fine. I don't need to know."

Something tells me there's some history there and it's really none of my business.

"What?"

"Nothing. I'll unpack."

"Let me know if you need anything." After a while, he shows up in the doorway, a drink in his hand. "I've worked out a schedule for you."

"Oh have you?!" I ask unimpressed. Does he still think I'm a student?

"Before you get annoyed, hear me out." I sit on my bed and sign for him to pursue. "The team and I are working on some leads, and teaming up for safety. So first thing in the morning, you'll have work out sessions with Kiri. You need to rebuild and retone the muscle mass you lost. I still don't understand how they managed to make you lose so much weight in a week. Doctors think one of the drugs was weakening you, burning muscle, so you couldn't escape."

"Well that definitely worked." I say looking at my pathetic frame.

"Don't worry, I've planned a high protein diet. You like KFC?"

"Haha! I do!"

"So yeah Kiri will build you back up."

"I think he's definitely the man for the job."

"Bakugou will train you on one-to-one combat." Oh.

"I'm fine with combat."

"Your dexterity will have been affected by the drugs and your loss of muscle mass."

"Fine."

"I know it might be a little awkward seeing the circumstances but he's the best for the job."

"I said it's fine."

"Last but not least, quirk rehab with me. We'll do that late, out of sight. We don't want people to question your abilities as hero."

"Fine by me."

"Are you hungry now?"

"Starving."

"Just finish off. I ordered take away."

"You're not gonna feed me take away every day are you?"

"No!" He says defensively. "I can cook you know! I just haven't had a chance to go grocery shopping." I chuckle.

Food arrives. We eat on his terrace talking about the next steps in the case. He tells me Céline has disappeared. She told Bakugou she was going to visit family in France but no record of her on the flight logs. Either she didn't go or she travels under another identity which makes it shady.

"I had to talk to him because you saw her during your abduction and this is part of our case."

"What did he say?"

"Angry at first, he said that you had hallucinations because of your jealousy towards her. The more I gave him intel, the more he thought about it and the pieces all started to make sense. I'm not sure he completely believes us yet though."

After dinner, we tidy up in the kitchen. Not much to do as there was no cooking involved.

"I'm gonna go to sleep. Early start with Kiri tomorrow."

"Sure. Do... you... want me to make you feel at home?" He says, sliding his hands around my waist and pulling me close, a sultry gaze tracing my face.

The offer is tempting but...

"On a normal day, I would love to but these days, I don't feel like myself. I don't like what I see."

"I don't care about how you look like."

"Thanks for saying that. It means a lot. But I do care. I'm so skinny, it makes me feel sick to look at myself in the mirror. I miss myself. I miss my big ass, my strong thighs, my big..." I pump my chest. "boobs..." He chuckles.

"I understand. But regardless what you look like, know that I always find you desirable and sexy."

"Thank you. I just need to find myself again and love myself again."

Leaning down, he kisses me softly and even though I politely refused his offer, he still manages to make me feel horny by grabbing my flat ass while dropping his tongue in my mouth and kissing me forcefully.

This man... god this man...

I break the kiss and stare at him seriously, catching my breath, trying to calm the urges invading my body.

"You can't do things like this."

"Like what?"

"Don't play innocent."

"I was merely confirming my earlier words. It just felt like you didn't believe me."

"I believe you alright!"

Why am I still out of breath!?

"Good." He says pecking me. "Good night then." He says smirking.

"Good night."

After freshening up and changing into my pjs, I snuggle in bed and check my messages.

I want to text him...

I'll see him tomorrow but what am I gonna say?

So... your girlfriend has disappeared, do you believe me now?

Did you ask our friends if we were in love when we were younger?

I'm gonna say nothing.

Nothing.

He already thinks I'm crazy, that I have a crush on him...

It's not a crush though.

It's the memory of a lost love.

The longing of a past that never happened in his mind.