44. Training gear on

Putting my training gear on, I feel deflated and when I see my reflection in the mirror I become self-conscious. I have to stop by a sports shop on my way to meeting up with Kiri.

Everything is too big, tight designs... but falling off my frame. I can still see my ribs and collarbones, my pelvis and my kneecaps. I've managed to put on a few pounds since I was rescued which is reassuring. I eat... a lot... so hopefully I will be back to my old self eventually, but I'm not sure how long it will take. These drugs might prevent me to regain weight.

Even though I try to be positive and motivated, my appearance devastates me. I've not felt like that before for being skinny. I suffered from low self esteem from my body image when I was younger, because of school cliques' ideas of what is classed as 'normal', ashamed of my curves. But since I started training to be a hero, I've always been confident in myself and men have never complained about them, quite the opposite.

After early shopping, I join Kiri at the gym in his agency. I can see surprise on his face when I come out of the changing rooms.

I decided not to hide and face the task at hand by going for tight Capri and a sports brassiere so that, every time I see myself in a mirror, it will motivate me.

Poor Kiri though doesn't look like he can digest the view.

"I know. I'm okay. I eat loads. I'll be back to my old self but I need you to build me back up please."

"But... but I'm gonna break you."

"You're not. I'll be fine. Just don't be scared please. I need my butt and thighs back or I won't be able to keep up with Hawks in the air."

"Butt and thighs! Got it!"

We train for a while and I see him slowly stop staring at me like I'm a ghost. I also stay hydrated, drinking my protein shakes and by the end of the session, as I stretch extensively because I haven't made my body work out for a while, we catch up.

"So... Céline is gone." He drops out of nowhere.

"I heard."

"What are you gonna do?"

"About what?"

"Bakugou."

"What do you mean?" I ask picking up my zip up hoodie and putting it on.

"He said you had a thing for him."

"You don't know either, do you?"

"Know what?"

"Great. I guess Céline got to you too and erased some of our memories."

"Our memories? I think not! You're my petal!" He says pulling me into a side hug.

"Yes I am. What else? What do you remember from our time back at U.A.? Do you remember the lake?" He starts to blush. "So you remember flirting with me?"

"More."

"Kissing me."

"Okay! This is too much!!" He says taking a huge sip from his drinks bottle.

"Kiri, I need to know what you remember. I believe Céline stole some memories from him and probably from you too."

"At the lake we made out one evening, but that's it."

"We did, but do you remember why we stopped." He thinks thoroughly, looking down, then at the ceiling, then at his bottle. I can tell he's struggling.

"Did you get mad at me for kissing you? I remember you walking away..."

"I got mad at you for not trying to keep me. You said Bakugou needed me more than you did."

"What?!? Haha! I don't think so! I would never... Actually... I probably would but..."

"Kiri. Bakugou and I were in love when we were at U.A. But Céline got rid of these memories in both of you. Do you know if he has spoken to others of our classmates?"

"I don't know."

I take a sip of my drink.

"Don't tell him what I said, he's gonna think I'm crazy."

"I'm not sure about that."

"What do you mean?"

"When he mentioned your... crush... I said you were crazy." I stare at him. "Sorry but it sounded just... weird to me... Bakugou with a girl... back then. Anyway, he got really defensive and mad at me and then I didn't see him for the rest of the day. I think he really thought about it. I mean I believe you right now. I'm not even questioning it. I trust you. Why would you lie? So, I'm sure something must be ticking in his mind."

"Oh... good..."

As if on cue, he enters the gym in sports gear and stares at us sitting on the floor, still recuperating.

"Alright extras! Think it's a picnic?"

"Hey buddy. I just finished with Mikki. Mikki, don't forget to drink a lot and more stretching after Baku's session."

"Yes sensei!" He giggles.

"See you tomorrow."

As I stand up and grab my things, I follow him to the dojo and take my hoodie off.

When I turn around, he stares at me with horror. Oh yeah... I forgot for a split second.

"I'm okay." No reaction but pain in his eyes. He's the one who rescued me, I assumed he knew. I guess I was in some hospital gown and he didn't see my state, although I'm a light weight right now. "Bakugou. I'm okay."

His eyes drop and he painfully shuffles towards me, pulling my wrist and taking me in his arms delicately.

I am in shock. After calling me crazy and his speech at the hospital, I wasn't expecting him to be so... familiar and give an alleged fan girl in denial the satisfaction of his attention. So maybe he does know. Maybe he can feel it. Maybe he spoke to the others. I'm too scared to ask.

Or I'm totally wrong and it's about training. He's trying to throw me off. Am I supposed to get away from his arms? His strong arms?

He smells so good and he's so soft. I must smell like a rag and look like one after my session with Kiri.

"Bakugou." I whisper.

"Mmh."

"I'm okay."

"I'm gonna break you if I train you."

"Confident much?" He chuckles. "I know my stuff, I just need to practice. It won't take me long to get back into it. You know I'm gifted right?"

He steps back and smirks.

"Though shit, I'm gifted too. You've got no chance Madame Dumbass."

"Ooohhh new nickname. Wait..." I fake licking a pen and writing on an invisible paper on my hand. "Just adding that one in before I kick your ass."

"I'd like to see you try."

He seems to have relaxed now and we make a start.

I can tell he's restraining himself, gauging my fitness and he's being very sweet, yet trying to sound like himself.

It's not working.

I can tell how much he cares.

The way he looks at me. The way he grabs me.

Something happened.

I know he knows how he used to feel about me.

Maybe he feels like that right now.