45. Almost a month

It has almost been a month since I started training. The case has not evolved. No sign of Le Chiffre, Céline or the league which is worrying.

In the meantime, I have gained most of my weight back, all in the right places, like Hawks tells me.

He has been wonderful, patient, supportive and cheeky too which makes me feel even more guilty when I spend time with Bakugou who won't say anything with words, yet his tenderness and care transpire subtly in his behaviour.

Funny I say that when, today, he slams me on the mats and the padded walls.

He knows I can take it so he doesn't restrain himself anymore, but I know what I mean.

It's that half second after he nails me to the ground, when he stares at me right in the eye. Everything goes from pure focus to vulnerability and longing. I'm sure he can tell I see him.

And when it's my turn to smash him, I keep him immobilised for a few seconds, staring at him, distracted by his strong rising chest under my hand, and his parted lips, his eyes travelling my face. I wonder if he is going to kiss me, excitement rising. So close... like many time before.

Taking advantage of my obvious flustered state, he makes me lose my hold and flips me, now leaning over me, snuck between my legs, my hands above my head, in his grasp, his gaze wandering my face and my neck. Memories of our lustful night drown me and I give up. There is so much lust in this stare, I can feel my body readying itself and uncontrollably bite my lip, taking him out of his trans.

"Stay focused."

I WOULD IF I DIDN'T HAVE YOU, HOT STUFF, STUCK BETWEEN MY LEGS, HOLDING ME SUBMISSIVELY AND DESIRING ME WITH SO MUCH UNAPOLOGETIC HUNGER!!!

"Sure."

He pulls away and I jump up, reaching my drink and throwing him his. God I'm so hot. My heart is pounding... he's so hot. Bastard.

"What are you doing tonight?" What?!? Is he asking me out?

"Umh... nothing."

"Why don't you and Hawks come to my place for dinner. I've invited Kiri and Kaminari. I think Jirou and Mina will be coming too."

Oh? I wonder why he'd invite our old classmates. Is that for me? Or for himself? Did he speak to them about... Or are they just simply working with us on the case?

"Okay. What time?"

"7pm. I'll send you my address."

"Do you need us to bring anything?" God that 'us' sounded official. As if Hawks and I were married or something... I mean we live together but it's temporary... I think.

I can feel he's thinking the same thing as I do by the way he pauses before answering.

"Bring beer."

"No problem."

"I need a shower."

Shower... Bakugou... flashbacks of his sculpted 18 year old naked body invade my thoughts and I can't help but checking his bulkier chest tightly moulded in his sweaty training vest... I'm yearning for... Aaargghhh!! I feel all over the place.

"ME TOO!!" I shout before grabbing my things and running out, under his confused glare.

After cooling down my body and my lewd thoughts in the shower, I put my hero suit on and join Hawks on the rooftop.

"Afternoon."

"Hey."

"How was training?"

"FINE!" I feel so jumpy suddenly. "Sorry. Fine. We're invited to Bakugou's for dinner."

"Oh dear! Should we get take away?" He jokes.

"He's a fine cook actually!!!" I say defensively. What's wrong with me?

"Is everything okay?"

"I'm sorry. I think I'm just on edge because I just want to get going with the case."

I'm lying. I'm extremely protective of him. I'm falling for him even more than I thought I could. I feel guilty because of my feelings for you and him. I can't speak to anyone about it because you're my best friend and I don't want to hurt you.

Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!

"Well, no noise at the moment from either Le Chiffre or Céline. No heists. They are definitely planning."

"Or they left Japan."

"I don't think so. They never left a country without creating some sort of mayhem before. And your kidnapping, regardless of how traumatising it was, only affected you and us rather than numerous heroes and civilians. We just need to stay alert."

After patrolling – I now keep up quite easily with Hawks – we return home.

In the bathroom, after getting showered and dressed in tight leather pants and a blouse, I put my make-up on, the door opened, as he comes through doing his hair and spraying cologne, smiling at me through the mirror.

To the unknown eye, we're a couple.

But we're not. We are not labelling this. It took me a while to accept myself again and he has been patiently waiting for me to be ready to be with him.

Even though I've been tough with myself, determined not to use him for comfort, I still have feelings for him and it's hard when you also live with such a gorgeous guy.

Some evenings, while watching TV, we'd fall into each other's arms and the urge to kiss would be too much.

"Hawks... I can't." I'd whisper, ghosting his lips as he'd hold me tightly against his chest.

"It's okay."

"It's not. I'm hurting you."

"Just kiss me. I'm not asking for anything else right now."

I'd succumb and could stay in his arms kissing him forever, but I would always go to sleep in my bed.

At least some will power... but I'm sexually frustrated, there's no denying.

When tonight we arrive at Bakugou's, I feel awkward. I assume he thinks Hawks and I are together as he always seems so chivalrous with me.

"Hi."

"Hey."

"Mikki!!" I hear Mina shout from the end of the corridor and rushing to hug me, shoving the guys against the wall to get to me.

"Hi Mina! So good to see you!"

"How's recovery? Kiri, explained what happened." She says, wrapping her arm around mine and walking me in.

"Pretty much back to normal. The boys have helped massively with training." I look back at Bakugou who quickly moves towards the kitchen. "Jirou! Denki! So good to see you." I get a hug from both of them. "Where do you guys work? I don't remember seeing you at the police department gala."

"We are in the Northern district." Jirou answers.

"Would you like a drink?" Hawks asks.

"Beer please." He nods and disappears.