A New Shade of Burgundy

Taking some time to himself after separating from Ash and then Iris, Cilan was currently exploring around a quaint little town after having just returned to Unova.

"This view is amazing, and the trees look so beautiful this time of year", Cilan remarked to himself as he stopped for a moment at a small park to admire the falling Autumn leaves.

"Unbelievable!", he then heard a familiar voice call out.

"Burgundy?", he responded with a confused tone as he slowly turned around to see her aggressively pointing her finger towards him from just across the small park.

"Just what are you doing here Cilan!? Here to 'evaluate' my progress?!"

"Well, no, I'm just passing through", he responded calmly as she stomped towards him.

"Either way it doesn't matter! For you are now in the presence of an S-Class Connaisseuse!", She exclaimed with a confident smile as she placed her hands on her hips proudly.

Cilan chuckled at her words and clapped brought his hands together with a smile, "So you passed the exam? That's wonderful Burgundy, I knew you could do it!"

Upon seeing his reaction Burgundy's expression softened slightly, expecting him to make a sarcastic remark at her expense or berate her for taking so long. Looking over at him in silence for a moment she quickly shook her head back and forth as her fiery demeanor returned.

"Yes, I did pass! And I want you to be my first opponent in a battle now that we stand at the same level!", she replied pointing towards him yet again.

The smile on Cilan's face returned and yet grew as he responded.

"A proper gentleman should never refuse a lady, as such it would be my pleasure Burgundy"

A hint of red formed on her cheeks at his words which she once again shook away before responding herself.

"Now I finally have a chance to show you how strong I can be!", Burgundy called out with conviction as Cilan's face turned to a contemplative one.

"W-What?!", she called out as he starred at her in silence from across the small flat area in the park that was to be their battlefield.

"I suggest a wager Burgundy"

"What do you mean?"

"Whoever loses this battle has to promise do one thing that the winner asks"

She thought it over for a moment then yelled her reply.

"Done!"

"Very well", Cilan then said as he retrieved a Pokeball from his bag.

"Brilliant, now I can not only show him how much stronger I've become but also make him do anything I want...", Burgundy thought to herself as she watched Cilan take his position opposite her after returning.

"Come on out Pansage!", Cilan announced as his Pansage appeared before him.

"We can do this...", Burgundy whispered to herself as she glanced down at the Pokeball in her hand. Squeezing it tightly to stop her hand from shaking.

"Go Dewott!", She exclaimed loudly as she threw the ball forward.

"It's wonderful to see you again Dewott", Cilan spoke as he and Pansage bowed forward slightly.

"Enough formalities Cilan! Let's battle!"

"Okay then! Pansage grace us with a bullet seed!", Cilan called out as Pansage fired a volley towards Dewott.