Gregory and Lucien

The Meeting

Doo doo doo Gonna get a roommate. Doo doo Gonna be their best friend. Doo doo doo Gonna have cool friend adventures, dooo dooo Ka-Pow!

Hello?

Ah! What the hell man?!? You can't just go sneaking up on people like that!

Sorry?

It's ok broski, but whew, thought I was gonna have a heart attack there.

Oh. I apologize I didn't realize you had such a fragile cardiac condition.

No, I uh don't have a fragile cardiac condition whatever the hell that is. It's just a saying broski means you scared me.

Of course! Hahahaha I was um messing with you! Ah um bro?

Oh. Oh! Ok buddy I got you. Bring it in!

Oh yes let me just fist bump. Yes, there you go.

Cool! Well, I'm Gregory but everyone calls me Greg, or if you're one of my teammates Gallant Greg.

Gallant?

It's cause I always apologize after I knock down the opposing team during a game.

Fascinating. Now before we get to close may I ask what you are doing in my room?

Because it's my room too broski! We're roommates! Now which bunk do you want?

Neither since we are not roommates.

Uh yes, we are.

No, we're not.

Yes, we are.

No. We. Are. Not.

Yes. We. Are.

Listen Gregory you seem to be a very fine fellow.

Fellow?

But I ordered a single room.

Well, are you sure you got the room number, right?

Of course! Room 420 in Tubman hall.

I don't know what to tell you broski that's my room number too. Maybe there was a mix up at res life?

This is infuriating! I specifically requested a single! I am going to speak to the room and board coordinators right now!

Goodluck Broski!

Slam

What a weird guy.

Sometime Later

Roomie your back!

I see we have moved on from broski.

Yeah, that was my bad. I realized too late I never asked for your pronouns. You could have been a sibski or a siski and here I was calling you broski like a tool.

That is surprisingly progressive of you.

Thanks! I had a buddy on my high school team who was a sibski and explained to everyone about the importance of gender identity. We even made pronoun pins to sell as a team fundraiser!

That is...sweet. That is actually very sweet.

Thanks roomie!

.... right, we are roommates. That is a thing that is happening.

Res life people not have any singles left?

Unfortunately, no.

Hey that's ok! I promise to be the best roommate ever!