It's Raining Girls.

-Carter's POV-

It all started when a girl fell out of the sky. Carter Kane here. Nice to see you again. Anyway, back to the point. I was standing outside on the balcony when, all of a sudden, a portal opens above me and drops a girl directly on top of me. So here I am, flattened by an unconscious girl, when Sadie walks out and says, "Carter, Felix summoned a portal on accident." Then she stopped and swallowed like a snake swallowing a rat. I groaned, and Sadie ran over and pulled the girl off. She then whacked me upside the head and shrieked, "Carter, what were you doing?" I rubbed my head and answered back, "I was standing out here when a portal opened and dropped her on top of me. It's not my fault! Felix must have accidentally opened a portal underneath her." Sadie huffed and said, "Fine. Let's just get her inside and have Jaz take a look at her."

After Jaz looked her over and said she would be fine, we lugged the girl to my room and dropped her on my bed. She was very pretty. Mystery girl had on a long black skirt and a white tank top, along with a large black bow on the top of her head. She laid there for five hours before she finally woke up and when she did wake up, she freaked out.

-Mystery Girl's POV-

I woke up in a weird room that smelled like ginger ale. I felt my ears twitch under my bow and I was itching to reach up and unbind them. Then the rest of my senses came to me and realized that I was in a strange place with another person. I closed my eyes tightly and focused. I felt my hand grow warm and cracked one eye, glancing down to see my hand glowing with black magic. There was a weird noise from the other person in the room and he said out loud, "I wish you would wake up so we could talk." My breath hissed out and I shot up, lunging towards the boy with my glowing hand extended. He ducked and I flipped midair, landing in a crouched position. He held up his hand and yelped, "Calm down. I'm not gonna hurt you! I'm Carter Kane. What's your name?" I stood slowly and extinguished the light, answering, "I'm Cat. Cat Black. And why should I trust you, Carter Kane?" Carter kept one hand up, but reached down with the other, pulling out a piece of chalk. I watched as he drew a protective circle and asked slowly, "What good is that going to do you?" Carter answered, "It's in case you try to attack me again. I just want to talk." I looked him up and down, then mumbled, "Sorry for attacking you. It's just a reaction." Carter smiled and answered, "It's fine. I should've expected it. You did fall from the sky." I sighed and asked softly, "How did I fall from the sky anyway? I mean, I know it was a portal, but how did it open beneath me? I was nowhere near a relic or anything. Also, where am I?" Carter stepped slowly out of the magic circle and my pupils went into slits out of fear. Carter stopped and slowly answered, "You're at the 21st Nome. And we don't yet know how Felix opened the portal. Also, did you know that your pupils are slits?" I nodded and stated, "It's because I'm nervous. They've done that ever since the....... accident." Carter gave me a weird look and asked, "Would you like to go meet the others?" I nodded and we stepped out of the room, where a girl with red streaked hair stood like she was about to knock. I flinched as she put her hand down, fearing that she would hit me. She didn't, thankfully, and neither of them noticed my flinch. The girl gave me a weird look and stated flatly, "I'm Sadie, Carter's sister. Who're you?" I forced a smile and answered, "I'm Cat. Nice to meet you Sadie." Sadie cocked her head and asked, "Who names their kid Cat?" I laughed lightly, though it sounded more like a cat purring, and responded, "My actual name is Catherine. I've just gone as Cat ever since the accident. Wait. Carter and Sadie. Where have I heard those names before?" Carter supplied, "Our last name is Kane." My eyes widened and I let out a scared hiss, then squeaked, "I have to leave. Now. Dejardans would have me put to death if he knew I was here. First the accident, now being at the home of the two people he hates more than anything. He'll kill me. And I mean that literally."