* 𝙵𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚢 *

Author note-

I don't know how long this will end up being tbh.

(Dainsleif is not immortal in this story)

----------

You sat on the edge of your bed, unaware that you were staring at a picture on your wall. It was a picture of you and Dainsleif, your fiancee, after you had explored a small part of Dragonspine together.

You sighed and slowly stood up, walking closer to get a better view of the picture, before you abruptly stopped yourself.

You immediatly speedwalked out of the room, shutting the door behind you.

Every time you looked at a picture of him, you started to overthink.

a month ago, your fiancee had received a very important commission, to which he had to leave you for a bit.

You were used to Dainsleif leaving for commissions, he did it quite often.

But this was different.

Usualy, his missions would take 2 days at max. But it had been a whole month, without an update, a letter, or any sign of him even being alive.

You even went to chat with Katheryne, to which she responded that Dainsleif had not updated her yet either.

One part of you was extremely worried, thinking that Dainsleif had somehow goten hurt, or captured.

And you tried not to think about the other possibility that tortured your mind : 'What if he ran off with someone else, leaving me in the dust?'

you looked down at the ring that Dainsleif had given you a year ago. The ring symbolized a promise he made : 'Once i have defeated the Abyss order, i promise that i will marry you.'

your expression softened everytime you looked at the ring. It brought you a sense of comfort.

The house felt so empty when he was not around. Not like there was much to do when he was around.

Dainsleif would almost never let you handle any chores like laundry or washing dishes. He says his clothes are his clothes and his plates are his plates and that he should take care of them.

He was the sweetest person you could have asked for, and he's gone.

---

you woke up one morning to birds chirping outside. You got dressed and decided to make yourself breakfast. As you were heading to the kitchen however, you saw a strange sight outside your window.

There was a boy with golden blonde hair in a long braid going behind his back. Next to him was a small, fairy like creature that floated.

judging by his clothes, he was not from around here, which made your heart pound with excitment. Your village rarely got any visitors, so this was the perfect time to ask about Dainsleif!

You eavesdropped a bit on their conversation :

'Aetherrrrrr, Paimon is hungry!!'

'I know Paimon, i am too, now will you shut your mouth so i can find us some food!?'

'Heyyy! That wasn't very nice!'

You slowly looked at the sandwiches you had made earlier, and decided to make your move.

----

'Excuse me!'

the traveler and the floating creature both turned their heads in your direction.