~TWENTY- SEVEN~

“We go together like copy and paste.”

                           ^°•^•°^

                           •ORE•

"Did you hear what I just said?"

I blinked.

"Hey, Ore!"

My eyes focused and I figured it was Childera who was talking to me. I then remembered what was going on, where I was and what I was doing.

It was the Friday of the second week of resumption and we were in the basketball court, seated on the bleachers. The basketball team was practicing for a match that would come up during the interhouse sports.

Yes, we still had the biennial interhouse sports competition to partake in. Most of the SSS3s were taking part in it because it would be our last before we graduate.

I would take part in most of the track events — 100metre, 200metre, hurdles, 400metre, relay — except the endurance races which were 800metre and 1500metre. I would also take part in the football match — I was the captain of the team and easily the best player in the whole school.

Not bragging though, it was true.

Currently, we were seated in the basketball court because our friends were here. Every other team was done with practice except them. Let's just say basketball-ers at RBA took their practice to the extreme extreme.

RBA made it an almost free day and I say almost because after the first three periods, classes stopped and we all got out for sports.

"Are you okay?" Chidera asked me, a worried look taking over her facial expression. She touched my arm softly.

I smiled. "Of course, babe. I'm okay."

"Oh, that's great!" She chirped. "'Cause you looked really out of it."

I inched forward and kissed her forehead. "I'm fine, I promise."

Was I?

Maybe I was, maybe I wasn't and maybe I was staring at someone else, a person — girl — as she played basketball.

Trust me, it's not who you're thinking.

Or maybe it is...

Chidera blushed.

I winked at her, then placed my arm around her.

How long would I keep this up? Chidera was good and all but...

Maybe until the wedding?

Speaking of the wedding, the days after Liyah got kidnapped were so weird, in my house, I mean.  Things changed so much. The house was so quiet.

Dad was either on the phone or in his study. Never came out except he wanted to eat and the dining table was just so quiet. Nobody stomped my foot or tried to tell me off for using my phone.

It was like they ignored my existence on that table. My sisters didn't even try any stupid attempt to make me look like a girl like they always wanted to.