chapter 1 ~~

hi my name is myrah!
I'm the author of this book :)
this book was made from a daydream I had and from there I started adding on to create this :]
I hope you all like this story as much as I do so yeah :{)
sorry for my grammar and or spelling of certain words at times c:
ok and thank you for taking your time to read this <33
all my love, the author
myrah <33333333333

y/ns pov ///
——————————-
I sat there fiddling with my rings. I was completely zoned out when I heard someone say my name.
"Y/N!!" I quickly sat straighter realizing that it was my best friend Eve calling me.
"Y/n we have to get off this bench there are people wanting to sit here staring at you taking a nap, they need the seat more than your lazy ass" I chuckled. Me and Eve always had an awesome friendship. We would call each other names but it was all fun and games. I realized I had been staring out into space so I got up and began speaking to Eve.

"Haha very funny coming from someone who stayed in bed all of yesterday" She immediately responded with, "HEY I WAS UPSET MY BROTHER HAD TO POSTPONE AGAI-" she all of a sudden stopped speaking.

"Evs it's ok. I know I'm sorry I shouldn't have mentioned it." I said whilst giving her a hug.
"No it's ok it was just a joke I just miss him. I don't why he keeps postponing his flight. Does he just not wanna see me?" I stopped her right there. "EVE no you are the most amazing person ever and an even better sister he would of course wanna see you." She said thank you and hugged me back. For a good minute or two we stood outside of the gelato place hugging each other. When we were done we got in my car and drove off. 

We eventually got to our location. We were at this private park that I went to since I was 9 and told Eve about. She told her parents we were here and sent us a photo of her and me. I just told my parents I was spending the day with Eve. Me and her were staying back with our parents for the summer before our 3rd year at NYU. We lived in Long Island. Her and I met in the 3rd grade when she was the new kid coming from a different part of Long Island. We lived not even a block  away from each other.

We got to the park and we went to the swings. She started rambling about how she missed her brother. I was listening and comforting her until I had to take a call. I went to take the call and it took a minute. As I came back I sat next to Eva and noticed she was in a daze staring in front of her and the edge of the playground. I said "Eve are you ok you look like you've seen a ghos-" and as I was about to finish she turned my head. I came to look at her brother. I look back over to Eve and I see tears in her eyes but happy tears cause she's smiling so hard. I say "go- go on" and push her and as I push her she runs over and gives him the biggest hug I've ever seen.

She jumps and gives him a hug as he puts the flowers he got her behind her back. She was hysterically laughing-crying. I started laughing at the fact that she sounded hilarious but I was so happy for her. I let them have there moment and I just sat down waiting for Eve to ask me to get up and say hi. She probably forgot about me because I overheard her say, "Hey wait I'm so so sorry I have to take this call- it's really important." As she left I took it as my cue to say hi.

I walked over to him and said, "Hey Ben". He answered with, "Wait who are you, you look famili-" I stopped him right there with a distraught look on my face. "You seriously don't remember me? It's y/n you stupid ass" I said in a sarcastic tone. He squinted and then said "Wait oh my god it is you! I didn't even recognize you" he said then gave me a hug. We stopped talking for a minute. We just stood there hugging each other.

He looked- god I can't believe I'm about to say this, hot. He had a nicer bone structure, when I gave him the hug I felt his hands on my waist- oof they felt I don't even know how to describe it, I guess butterflies. I could feel his arms and abs and they were definitely more chiseled. And he had grown at least a couple inches. Last time I saw him he was 5'6. I am now 5'7. He's about 5'10 I would say. (I know he isn't but he's a shortie I had to heighten him a teensy bit)

We finally stopped hugging and I saw him smiling. He was hot but so cute at the same time. Oh god I should stop shouldn't I.

I then said, "I am really happy you came. Evs missed you a lot. It was actually kinda annoying she would talk about you everyday." I said in a bit of a sarcastic tone at the last bit. He laughed. He then said, "yeah I am really happy as well. I missed her and my parents a lot. I missed you too I just didn't recognize you." I laughed at the last bit. "Yeah I've gotten that a lot I look a lot more different then when I was 18." He looked confused then replied with "Aren't you turning 19?" I said with a surprised look. "First of all Ben my birthday is in March. Second of all I'm 20 you dummy." He looked surprised and said "Well then does that make Eva...19?" I nodded. "Wow I have missed a lot. Anyways how's your family?" As he brought that up i stiffened. I had been avoiding questions like that for a while now. I answered a bit uncomfortably with, "Oh uhm my parents are good." He looked confused to say the least. "How's your siblings doing?" I swear I wanna punch this bitch but I know he doesn't know what happened with my family situation.

"They are uhm, I think- i don't know I hope they're good.." he looked even more confused but decided not to push the conversation further. I  then said, "I uhm- I have to go..tell Eva I left and I'll call her later or tomorrow." I immediately got into my car and drove away without looking back. m

bens pov ///
—————————
That was honestly really weird. But I can't help but think about how pretty she looked. She had on a nice outfit and jewelry. She had her wavy black hair naturally down and had light makeup on. She honestly looked angelic. Oh god I probably shouldn't think about my sister's best friend like that but I am going to anyway. When we were hugging I was longing for more. Our bodies were so close to each other. While pulling out of the hug for a second our faces were centimeters apart. I wanted to kiss her. She smelled of a light lavender rose and cookies. In the middle of my thoughts about her Eve came over. I snapped out of it. She said something about how we were gonna go back home to hang out with mom and dad. I brought a car so I drove us. As I was driving I swear I saw y/n parked driving slowly to her house. Maybe it was someone else. We got home and me and Eve went inside.

y/ns pov ///
————————
I went on my skate board and started riding I didn't bother looking back. I was just trying to get my siblings out of my mind. I hate thinking about them. I bet 8 year old me would've never thought I wouldn't be taking to my siblings at 20 but oh well I guess. I never let Eva see me crying. Only once or twice has it ever slipped out and the funny thing is I cried a lot as a kid. I was very dramatic. I took my airpods and put them on while listening to one of my playlists at the highest volume. I don't know but I felt, free. Free of having to think of everyone else's feelings. Free of thinking of people I don't wanna be associated with. Free of thinking at all.

As I was nearing my house I thought I saw Bens car. Maybe I did cause well they live a block away from me. I got home and noticed the cars were gone. I saw my phone had a message from my mom saying her and my dad were going to our cousins house. I decided to just chill out and order Halal Chinese from this place I used to go to as a kid. That night I texted Eve 'good night' and the rest of the weekend I took time for my self. Sooner than later it was already Monday morning.

hi thanks for reading this first chapter.
for your information Eve is from the Dominican Republic
meaning that's Benjamin is half Dominican in here :)
ok I hope you liked this chapter I am bouta get started with next chapter :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1629 words