Don't You Remember

We've seen stranger things

        Sunny Delilah Woods was the sunshine of Hawkins, always had and always would be. It was in her name for christ sake. She had a heart of gold and everybody knew it. She was the Sun and her mother was sure of it from the moment she was born because one way or another, everybody loved and adored her, wishing they had her charisma and bright smile that made guys swoon. Even after Will and Barb had gone 'missing' ( because Sunny was sure that they were still out there ) she never lost her kind and caring ways. She never lost the spark that made Sunny, Sunny.

        However, she knew something had happened the day both Will Byers and Barbara Holland had disappeared. She wasn't sure who, or what took them, but Hawkins was once a quiet town that seemingly nothing ever happened too, but that night something did. Sunny had a gut feeling that whatever Chief Hopper was telling the town, was a cover up for something that was far worse than anyone could ever imagine.

        A year had passed and everything was for the most part back to normal, Will was back and Barb had yet to be found. Sunny was happy and was that ray of sunshine that people needed in their lives once again. Yet it all remained a mystery to her. It felt like there was something missing that she couldn't figure out just yet.

        Well, Sunny knew what was missing, and that was her best friend Steve Harrington. She didn't like to remember that night. She didn't like to remember the way their friendship had completely ended. It had her crying for days on end knowing she had lost one of the people she cared about most in her life. But what did he expect when he told her he loved her?! And had loved her ever since he even knew what love was? Certainly he shouldn't have been expecting her to say it back when she didn't mean it the way he did, right?

        Whatever, she didn't love him... She hated him for putting her in that situation that not only ended their friendship, but ruined any sort of respect she had for him. Especially, when he went off to pursue one of her best friends, Nancy Wheeler, days after his confession. Did he even really mean when he said he loved her?

        Sunny didn't think so.

        So she never expected for her and Steve to ever cross paths again, especially when her brother's friend, Dustin Henderson, dragged her to come help him with some slimy thing that ate his cat. Not only had Dustin asked Steve Harrington ( who Sunny was not a huge fan of anymore ) to join them, but the curly headed boy also brought her right into a world of chaos that had only just begun...