Chapter 1

Hey everyone! I'm so excited to write this story on behalf of Tim Hortons Cold Brew! There isn't a single road trip, beach day, or cottage excursion that I've taken without stopping at Tims first to grab snacks and fuel for the trip. This story is extra exciting because it's a Choose Your Own Ending! That's right! At the end of each chapter there will be options about what should happen next, and you get to vote and comment for what should happen! New chapters will be up each week, so be sure to add this story to your reading list and vote/comment for what should happen when the new chapters are available! Enjoy!

*** 

Chapter 1

This can't be happening.

I cannot be stuck in a tiny car with Owen, my ex-boyfriend, for seven hours. It would be less awkward and painful if I just walked to Paradise Hills, the outdoor venue my sister is getting married at. I even tell my sister that.

"Oh, Audrey, don't be so dramatic," Sofia says, her voice staticky over the phone.

"I'm not being dramatic! Are you forgetting we broke up at the end of the school year? That was only a few weeks ago!"

She sighs, or at least I think it's a sigh. It's hard to tell with the terrible phone signal she has there. "I know, and I'm sorry, but you don't drive and we didn't have any other options. Just be civil and everything will be fine."

From the porch, I sneak a glance at Owen, who's loading the back seats of his fifteen-year old convertible with the many bags I need for the weekend. He was all smiles when he knocked on my door and revealed that he's the one Sofia asked to drive me up. His brother is the best man, so Owen was invited anyway, but I didn't think he'd be the person I'd be driving with. In fact, I didn't plan on talking to him—or even interacting with him—all weekend.

It's no biggie, I could use the company, he said to me earlier.

But it is a 'biggie.' It's a very big 'biggie.'

"Remind me again why you didn't want me to come up with mom and dad yesterday?" I ask. "I'm the Maid of Honor, I should be there, helping you, problem solving, putting last minute touches on everything, making sure everything's in exactly the right place. You know, the important Maid of Honor duties."

"Because your controlling, perfectionist ways are needed for more important things. I need you to pick up my dress and the wedding cake along the way, and you're the only one I trust. You know mom and dad would either forget altogether or screw it up somehow. Owen already knows about the stops, so it's perfect."

She's right. I wouldn't go so far as to call myself a 'controlling perfectionist', but I like things done to a certain standard, and this comes in handy for wedding planning. I have been the best Maid of Honor for Sofia, and despite only being 17 years old and knowing nothing about wedding planning, I've organized her entire wedding right down to the font of the table numbers and the ribbon colours on the flower bouquets. Everything is going to be perfect.

"Fine," I huff. "Since I'm the best Maid of Honor and sister ever, I'll put up with my ex-boyfriend, which, by the way, is a cruel and unusual punishment."

Sofia laughs, but it comes out distorted and staticky like in scary movies, which in my mind only emphasizes my statement. "Just chill out a bit with Owen and have some fun. I'll see you in about seven hours! Don't get lost, I need you here for last minute details."

If anyone gets us lost, it's Owen. "I'll see you soon, love you."

"Love you too! You're the best! Bye!" She hangs up and I shove my phone in my back pocket, pretending to be immensely interested in my mom's pink hydrangeas in the garden rather than do the mature thing and face Owen.