A Little Bit Jealous (Wanda x Reader)

You were the most flirtatious person you knew... and it was a little bit of an addictive habit. Not really a good one, either, but you didn't care enough to drop the act. You have had multiple people confess their crush on you, which inevitably ended a friendship or two, but most of the time it was just an awkward conversation about how the exessive flirting is just a platonic love language to you.

Part of it was due to your desire to make other people happy and feel good about themselves, and the other part of the habit acted as an emotional reflex. It was your go-to way of avoiding your feelings, as it also provided a boost of serotonin to witness people's reactions to your comments. So yeah, it was literally addicting.

And maybe you knew that... but at the same time, it was a part of you. You couldn't find reason enough to quit.

There was one person though, that you couldn't bring yourself to flirt with.

Wanda Maximoff.

And it wasn't like you hated her or anything... it's just that flirting with her would be real to you. It wouldn't be a game. It would make your inevitable crush on her a reality that you could never dream of passing up.

And maybe you knew that... but you would never admit it to anyone. You wanted your relationship with Wanda to be as genuine as possible, so avoiding your feelings was the way to go.

Wanda didn't really like that, though. She wanted you to flirt with her. She was jealous.

-

-

-

A knock was heard at your door as you were making your finishing outfit touches for Tony's fundraiser party, pushing the rubber back onto your earring. You opened the door to find Wanda in a sparkling red dress, and you willed everything in you to not stare at her image, much less make any comments. She had on a pair of matching heels and vibrant red lipstick, and her hair was pulled into a loose braid that cascaded down her back.

"Hey," You breathed a soft smile, begrudgingly peeling your eyes away.

"You ready?" You knew she had on a grin behind your back as you went to put in your last earring in front of the mirror.

"Yeah." You turned back around to face her.

"You look lovely, by the way..." She said as she followed you out the door.

"Oh... thank you. You too, Wanda." You bit your tongue. Yes, I might look lovely, but you are stunning, baby. A small blush lit your cheeks that you hoped the Sokovian couldn't see.

"Are you excited for the party?" She attempted to make conversation on the way to the elevator.

"Uhh... yeah! I love spending time with everyone when we're not on a mission. It's fun. Plus everyone is always drunk at the afterparty, and it's a great source of entertainment for someone who doesn't drink." You smirked, remembering the last few parties very vividly.

"Right..." Wanda reflected on what happened last time with a tinge of embarrassment. "I think I'll join you in sobriety for this one."

That made you laugh, remembering her previous situation with alcohol.

"Remind me why you don't drink, though?"

You faltered, not wanting to get too deep into a conversation at the moment.

"Uhh... My dad.."

"Hey! Hold the elevator!" You released a breath that you didn't know you were holding as Natasha walked up to the doors. You whistled when she stepped inside.