Chapter one

"Very good! How about you, right there in the corner" the teacher asked, my eyebrows lifted in surprise. I hate ice breakers.

"Hi. My name's Eden" I answered dryly, the teacher looked disappointed.
"Tell me something about you? Do you have something you like to do?" I don't wanna do this.

"I like baking." I said, she smiled and moved on to the next student. I just looked out the window and noticed all the poor souls who had to start the school year in P.E. I hate it so much.

The rest of the class went by quickly enough, the teacher just talked about herself the whole time.
During the break I tried to find out where my locker was, I asked an older kid to help me, she was really friendly. I think she was in grade 11. This is actually my first year in high school, it's not that much different than middle school except the people are older. They always said the teachers were stricter but that's really not true.

I ended up finding my locker, I looked around to see if I could find anyone I knew. I went down on my phone and noticed a text from my best friend, Alyx.

                               Alyx<3
Where r u?
                                                    At the lockers
Where is that?
                Tell me where u r I'll come find u
Cafeteria
                                                 Ok Im coming
____________________________

I started to walk towards the cafeteria, it's so far away from the lockers! Ugh, I noticed Alyx standing at the cafeteria doors, she was on her phone. I walked over her with a smile, she quickly noticed me and put her phone in her back Jean pocket. We had the next class together, advanced English. We tried to find the right class and sat at a random desk after greeting the teacher.

He looked friendly enough. He looked like the kind of teacher that tried too hard to be cool. Alyx and I talked a bit before the bell rung. A wave of teenagers immediately walked in. Out of all of them only one stood out, they were wearing a gray sweater with blue jeans. They had short dark hair and rosy cheeks. I decided I'd go talk to them after class.

The teacher did a classic ice breaker before showing a PowerPoint about himself and his family. A classic, truly.
Class was soon done, I walked over to the kid and introduced myself.
"Hey" I said, they looked up with a surprised look on their face.
"I'm Eden, what about you?" I added, they got up and smiled gently.

"I'm Gab"