The Night It Happened (TW: Sexual Assault)

She looked down at the knife and looked back up in the mirror. All of a sudden someone came into the tent.

"Come on Francine, you're on in 5." 

She grabbed the knife and walked out. 

Francine (Franny) Ellis grew up working in the Huxley Brothers Circus, she was basically born there. Her mother and father were performers when they were younger and she followed in their footsteps. She currently was assisting the new knife thrower. 

The crowd began to gather around. The circus wasn't getting as much visitors now a days, everyone was finding out that the Huxley brothers were some shady men, who didn't treat their performers well, but Franny knew she had to put on a good show. She didn't want to end up homeless and without a job like many of her friends had when they tried to fight against them. 

After the performance was over, she headed back to her tent before Dennis Huxley could see her. He was constantly trying to flirt with her, especially after her father had died and her brother had went off to war.

 As she was walking back she heard a scream coming from her friend Trudy's tent. She ran over to see what was going on. As she pulled back the flap, she seen Dennis and his brother David on top of Trudy and trying to take off her clothes. Trudy kept screaming and trying to crawl away. Franny knew she had to help but she didn't know what to do. So she ran over to her friend Timothy's tent and grabbed his gun. She came back over opened the tent and shot Dennis in the chest. 

Dennis' body flopped over next to Trudy, she looked over and screamed. Then looked over at Franny with tears in her eyes. Franny walked over to David and put the gun up to his head, she looked over at Trudy. 

"Run, go to my tent." she told her. 

Trudy got up and stumbled to pull up her dress. she ran all the way to Franny's tent. Franny then pulled the trigger on David. Blood splattered all over her, she knew she should probably leave before anyone saw her but she couldn't help but stand and smile over their bodies. She turned around to leave but as she did she saw Timothy standing in the doorway. 

"Fr-Fr-Franny..... What did you do?" He asked her with the sound of fear in his voice. 

She tried to hold back tears. 

"I- I heard a scream. So I came in here. They were trying to rape Trudy. I didn't know what else to do. I had to save her." Franny said as she dropped the gun 

"Where's Trudy now? is she ok?" Timothy asked. 

"In my tent. lets go check on her." She responds leaving the tent, turning around to take one more peak at the brothers laying in the pools of blood. she smirks, then turns around and walks back to her tent with Timothy to check on Trudy