Satoru/Sakura (Boukenger): This One Chance For Us

We only have this one chance for us to make things right for you and me... ― Florence Joyce

xxxxxx

Only a painful groan escaped Satoru's lips as he was trying to tie the last part of the bandage on his right arm which was injured and terribly bleeding at the moment. After that, he sighed and faced the unconscious Sakura currently lying beside him, also injured.

It was one terrible mistake that led the two of them to this.

"Satoru-san..."

That hoarse voice snapped him out of his reverie and immediately turned to the source of the sound. "Sakura! You're awake?"

She nodded. "Just now." After a few moments of tenses silence, she spoke once again. "We failed to tame him, didn't we?"

No words were uttered in response to that. Instead, Satoru continued doing the bandage on his right arm. "Not just us. Even the other Sentai members failed to do the same thing. But this wouldn't have happened if we had only anticipated the danger basing it only on that Precious' Hazard level."

"I guess Makino-sensei was wrong to say it wasn't a dangerous precious at all. Well, we didn't know the Hazard level of that Precious could change drastically as soon as we retrieved it from that cave."

They both sighed almost at the same time. Not long after, Sakura tried to get up but Satoru was quick to stop her. However, she was quicker.

"Don't worry about me, Satoru-san. It's not even enough to cripple me." It didn't take long for her to finally sit properly before looking at the bandaged arm of her comrade. "It looks like that monster Precious was also too much for you to handle, Satoru-san."

"At least for now. We just have to find its weakness so that we can deal with it once and for all. It's our responsibility since we're the ones who inadvertently released it from its seal."

For some reason, Sakura sensed something weird on a tone that Satoru used. "Satoru-san..."

But Satoru chose not to say anything. Instead, he just focused on bandaging his injured right arm. Though before he knew it and before he could even stop it, Sakura was already beside him and helping him bandage the injured part properly.

"Shouldn't you be more worried about yourself, Sakura? You're the one who's terribly injured between us."

"I'm alright now, thanks to you, Satoru-san. This is the best I can do for taking care of me despite your injury," Sakura replied without looking at him and was only busy bandaging his arm. "I'm sorry for making you do that for me."

This time, Satoru was the one who started sensing something different on Sakura's voice. "Are we going to go through this again, Sakura?"

At that point, she stopped and faced Satoru with a confused expression. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Why do you think on apologizing for the things I decided to do to you? I'm helping you because I wanted to. Why do you act as if it's bothersome thing for me to do?"

Sakura was at a loss of words after hearing that. Did she really make it appear as such to Satoru? "I-I didn't mean to make you think like that."

"But you had no idea that you're acting that way, huh?" Though Satoru was slightly smiling when he said that, his tone was always underlying with seriousness that appeared to be a part of his trait already.

At that, Sakura couldn't think of a comeback. Though she didn't want to, her heart felt heavy upon letting those words finally register in her mind. "I'm sorry."

None of them spoke a word since then. Only the sound of the howling wind from outside the cave where they were at the moment could be heard. Satoru was still busy tending the other injuries he sustained from that last fight while Sakura was just looking at the bonfire.

Had she really been acting like that? Now Sakura didn't know what to think about that matter. But before she could say anything, she heard Satoru grunting that soon snapped her out.

"Satoru-san!"

It seemed that he was still struggling to tend the rest of his injuries.

"I think I don't have any right to say those words to you when I have been doing the same thing before," Satoru said soon after.

"You have every right to say them. It's something you noticed, anyway. It's your opinion." She decided to help Satoru with the bandaging again.

"Sakura..."

"And I guess... it's something I should ponder upon." She heaved a sigh and continues helping Satoru. "That way, it won't be too late to change things."

"What's there to change?"

Sakura looked up when she heard that question and eyed Satoru with questioning eyes.

But Satoru just showed and placed a hand on Sakura's shoulder. "I think we both just need to be sensitive of each other and not only because we're comrades fighting together. We have a lot of time to do that. We just have to... take it one step at a time."

The only thing Sakura did was to continue looking at Satoru. It was the least she expected to hear from him, to be honest. But then, she must admit, he had a point on that.

This time, Sakura was the one who couldn't supress a smile after finally letting those words register in her mind. She remained silent for a while, continued to tend on Satoru's injuries.

"One step at a time, huh?" Moments later, she nodded and looked at Satoru. "Okay. Let's do that."

xxxxxx

So now we know where the monster that attacked the other Sentai members mentioned on the other one-shots had originated, huh?