Prologue

Once upon a time there used to be just two types of people in this world.

Some people were born in cities, raised to follow up the rules created by their ancestors. They wouldn't even be able live a week without the paved roads, or the law, or the jobs that had already been chosen for them long before they were even born. It was because they'd been raised the wealthy way.

And then there were the people who didn't need this. They just needed the freedom of creating their own path through the dense forest. They needed no roads made by men, no rules, no pollution. Just freedom.

They were the ones that ran away from the city's strictness. They were the ones who knew plants and animals better than the men who traded them for gold or clothes. They were the people who were treated like outsiders or hermits, because they had decided to study the ways of nature rather than learn how to craft a shoe from a cow or snake's skin.

It had become taboo to actually venture into the forest, even though most of the medicine was made by converting nature into remedies; it was needed, but too dangerous for the city people. It became something not even a doctor could do.

If you decided to walk down this path, you'd be disowned by both your hometown and family. You were bound to be treated like garbage; someone who wasn't even allowed to trade a loaf of bread for the most precious items.

Thus, it was never a lifestyle many chose to lead if they could possibly live a wealthier life. They were the lucky ones that had some knowledge of plants and could become a doctor, or knew how to use the ways of nature to their advantage when living the farmer's life.

They lived the blessed lives of healthy, wealthy people.

Yet, a world of riches also came with a lot poor as well. And someone who could not even pay for a place to stay, or food to eat, or clothes to wear, had no other choice than to seek that in a different path to richness.

Outside of those city-walls, they often found something much more precious. Something wealthy people could never understand. To many it turned out to be something much more fulfilling than being just another farmer or shoemaker in the end.

______
Authorsnote:
Hey there!

Nice to see you're reading my most recent original work!
As you can see, this is an extremely short chapter; it's just the prologue, a little introduction of the setting. That's why, I'll post the first actual chapter right away ^^

The other chapters will be uploaded every Sunday.

I hope you'll enjoy ^^

~Noa