[25] ᴡʜʏ ᴀʀᴇɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʜɪᴍ?

Note: i used the last name 'morales' for alex,, idk his actual last name lol

"Shut up, we aren't dating,"     "Yeah, but you want to,"

Written by: lowkey_an_avenger (ty shawty, i owe u)

*****

School. The one place you couldn't despise more. Of course it isn't that bad, but the people make it suck ass. After a few months, certain students made it worse. Ranging from the new freshman thinking they own the place to idiotic seniors who walk around totally wasted on campus...

Yeah, it's hell.

Luckily in my time here, I have yet to come across a lot of people like that. Hopefully, I can keep it like that for the next few years.

"Y/n... Hello?"

I snapped out of my thoughts to see my best friend waving her hand in front of my face.

"You've been staring at Alex for minutes now," She whispers.

Oh shit. I hate when I zone out and end up staring at someone. I awkwardly clear my throat and pick up my pencil to start the worksheet again. Somehow Y/n and I managed to sit next to each other, and that was a mistake because we're always messing around.

I finished the set of notes with no problem and found myself actually retaining some of the information. Surprisingly, my brain kept working after that little moment.

"How are you done?" Katlyn asks while still stuck reading the third paragraph in the textbook we were meant to be taking notes from.

"It's easy," I shrug and pass my papers to her.

"Oh yeah, now I see," She mumbles and copies my notes.

That's what friends are for.

I look up to see the clock, how much longer is this stupid class? In the process, I accidentally made eye contact with Alex.

He smiled at me, oh my god. I quickly avert my gaze and smile to myself. Tomorrow, the school was hosting it's annual festival to raise more money for the school and I had to work a booth. I had really been praying that Alex wouldn't try coming up and trying the game we were hosting, because one thing will lead to another and I'll end up looking like I'm on crack.

Katlyn, who noticed our interaction, nudged my side, "Why aren't you dating him?"

"Because I'd destroy him,"

With my awkwardness.

"He'd be into that," She shrugs.

"Oh my god, shut up!" I laugh.

***

What do I want?

I stared at the options presented to me in the dining hall and struggled making my choice between dry-ass pasta and suspiciously green-shaded meat.

"Uh... the pasta, I guess..."

None of the choices look appetizing, but I'd take pasta over that weird meat any day.

I placed the small plate onto my blue tray and continued towards the drink fridge. Now the question is, do I risk drinking the milk or pay extra for a bottle of water?

I looked at the milk in disgust, yup water it is.

I walked to the cashier to swipe my dining pass, so I could finally go and eat my disgusting lunch in peace.

Declined.

Declin- What the hell? I was sure I had enough on it this morning.

I dig into my pocket and grab my black wallet. I only have two dollars on me.

"Uh, I guess I'll put it back-"

"I'll pay for her," Someone says and scans the laminated card before I could even protest.

I look to my right and see none other than Alex Morales.

"Oh, thanks," I smile.

"Anytime,"

His smile is to die for it's so cute-

I quickly shuffle over to Katlyn and I's usual table.

"Kaaaaat guess what!" I say excitedly.

"What?" She responds with her mouth stuffed.

"Alex paid for my food because I was too broke,"

"You made him pay for you?"

I sat down, "No, he just swiped his card,"

"Aw, he's being a supportive boyfriend,"

"Shut up, we aren't dating,"

"Yeah, but you want to,"

"Can't argue there," I laugh.

"I dare you to ask for his number," My friend smirks.

I choke, "nO,"

"Why not??"

"Because I can barely breathe next to him!"

"Fine,"

Kat suddenly sets her sandwich back into her lunchbox and stands up.

"What are you doing?"

"You'll see,"

"Katlyn! I swear to god, I will murder you!"

I stand up to go quickly follow her.

"Hey Alex, so my friend wants your number," She casually says. Alex and his friend, John, both slowly turn their gaze to behind her, at me.

I awkwardly wave, what else do I do?

"Katlyn, what the hell? I don't support this!" I say and pull her away from the boys.

"Hey, I did you a favor!" She protests.

"Did you?"

I sigh and grab my tray to hand to the kitchen. I'm just going to head to my locker and hide there until class starts.

"Hey,"

I turn around and behold, Alex.

"Hey,"

"So here you go," He hands me a piece of paper.

His number?

"Oh, thanks I guess?" I laugh, "sorry about Katlyn,"

"It's fine, besides," He leans in a bit, "I wanted your number too,"