𝟎𝟖

"KAELYNNNN

"KAELYNNNN." I heard Dayla yelling as she walked up the stairs.

"IM IN MY ROOM." I yelled back.

"All that fuckin' yellin what the fuck." Makai woke up.

"Oh my bad, I forgot you was sleep." I chuckled and she came in.

"Oh- um we just need to steal her for a quick minute." Nariyah said as she stood beside Dayla.

"I'll be back, and don't light that in my room." I said as I got up and followed them.

"Girl we ain't know you had company my bad." Dayla chuckled.

"Y'all good." I assured. "So what y'all got to talk to me about." I said as I sat down with a pillow on my lap.

"Your oldest sister Kamille, you know she started filming for her show?" She asked and I scrunched my face up.

"I ain't even know she had a show." I chuckled.

"She did an interview a lil while ago on one of them talk shows, look." Nariyah said as she handed me her phone.

"So what will everybody be expecting from your show?" The host asked.

"You know just and insight on my life and how I am with friends and family. Just really getting to know me as a person outside of the fame." She said and gave Nariyah her phone back.

"Oh." I said.

"Untun what's wrong?" Dayla asked.

"I just be peeping lil stuff but imma stop because it's probably not even like that and y'all know I don't like talking about people." I said.

"It's not just people, that's your sister and if you got a gut feeling about something express it." Nariyah shrugged.

"It kind of got me feeling like that's why she came back, and it's all just finna be for entertainment." I said. "But I don't wanna start reaching so Imma shut up." I shrugged.

"Hopefully it's not." Nariyah said and I nodded.

"So what happened to being just friends?" She joked and I laughed.

"We are, y'all dragging it." I shrugged. "When y'all finally admit that y'all catching feelings I'll let y'all know." I said going up the stairs.

"Who this is?" He asked looking at one of the Polaroid pictures. I didn't trip cause I probably left it out and forgot to put it up.

"Me with my momma when I was a baby." I said and he handed it to me.

"I thought- I thought so too." I cut him off and he looked at me

"Come ride wit' me." He said putting his hoodie back on.

"Where?" I asked.

"Don't worry bout' it come on." He said walking out. I grabbed my phone and purse before cutting off my light and going downstairs.

"I'LL BE BACK." I yelled following him out the door.

"Y'all yell too much." He said as he moved me in front of him.

"Maybe you don't yell enough." I said.

"You got a smart ass mouth." He said as we made it outside and he opened my door.

"Tell me where we going." I said putting on my seatbelt.

"Nowhere really, just felt like Ridin' wit' you." He shrugged.

"If you like my company just say that." He said.

"You don't like mines." He said.

"How?" I chuckled.

"You be dry textin' too much then you'll go ghost." He said and I looked at him.

"Makai you be doing the same exact thing." I said.

"But you been actin' more distant lately, and I know it's some wrong wit' you." He said.

"So this why you wanted me to come wit' you?" I asked. "So we can talk?" I asked.

"If that's how you want to put it." He said.

"Okay but I want to hear it come out of your mouth. You say I be dry texting but you like that in real life." I said.

"Ight calm down." He said.

"I am calm, I'm speaking in my regular tone and responding just like you." I said. "You brought me out here to talk and that's what I'm doing." I shrugged.

"Wassup wit' you for real, cause you been actin' a lil different. Not in a way that you thinking but I'm just sayin' you more closed off now and I know something bothering you, but you not the type to admit that. Ion want you to feel like I'm tryna come at you wrong though." He said and I was quiet for a second.

"I'm just going through a lot dealing with family and it got me feeling like I can't trust nobody. That's why I don't really like being around a group of people or going out no more because I don't want the way I feel to ruin the mood or my vibe projecting on y'all. You know I'm not good at just putting in a stunt like I'm good I just go mute." I shrugged.

"I'm in therapy now so hopefully it gets better." I said. Makai is the only person that I told about my family issues. I even told him about how someone violated me and he never judges me or looks at me differently because of that. It's just easier confiding in him I can't explain it.

"So how can I make you feel better cause you not finna let them get you down if I'm around." He said and I chuckled.

"You already there for me so." I shrugged. "But what's been goin' on with you?" I asked.

"Same shit, pops still trippin'." He said. Makai's father is a preacher so you know how that goes. I wouldn't say he's like a "bad boy" but he's most definitely not following in the footsteps his father wants him to.

"I'm scared for you sometimes." I mumbled.

"Why?" He looked at me.

"Cause you got a habit of getting caught up wit' the wrong people. And if you keep doing that you either gone be in jail or dead and I don't want that happen." I said and he ain't say nothing because he knew it was true. It was quiet for a while as he drove but then I spoke again.

"I think my mother is still alive somewhere." I mumbled and he looked at me. "My auntie gave me some her videos that she documented but she didn't seem suicidal." I said.

"Maybe you can find out more in the videos then." He said.

"You could help me." I look at him and he chuckled.
___________________________________