CHAPTER 5

"Spirit huh " Riki says in a mocking tone, eyes going up and down to the girl's body. "What are you, a ghost? " He added, chuckling to himself but soon stopped as realization hits him.

He blinked.

Of course it's a ghost, dumbass.

So the rumors are true?

Riki faked a cough, tearing his gaze away from her as he didn't know what to do at the moment.

Maybe it's all a dream? Maybe he's still asleep and he just needed a little pain to wake up? But if this is a dream, why is it so detailed?

"Yeah I am. " It was a whisper, but since the room was too quiet, the ravenette caught on it.

So she's a spirit, a ghost...

And she's in the room.. Alone...With him.

Oh wow.

Riki never encounter such thing and having one right in front of him is rather thrilling, exciting, than being scary.

Was it because she look like a human than just a mere spirit? A ghost? Because if that's so, then it really makes sense since he actually thought she's....Alive. And is trespassing in his property.

"Can you" Rikk's voice is hesitant. "Prove that you are? "

Maybe he shouldn't have asked that because honestly speaking, he didn't know if he's ready to encounter something he wasn't believing in the first place.

Amber smiled and Riki once again got reminded how beautiful she is, to the point that he thought she's an angel and not someone who used to live on earth.... Or maybe she's an angel in disguise?

"Of course. "

And just like that, Amber rises to her feet and started walking towards his direction. And that sent an immediate reaction to the ravenette as he immediately stepped back, gasp leaving his lips.

"See? " the spirit says once she's standing a few meters to him while smiling.

Riki is starting to get annoyed by her smile because whenever she does, something tugged inside his chest. And he didn't like it.

At all.

He frowned. "See wha—"

He stopped, eyes falling on the bed she's currently standing. No no, she's not standing on top of the bed. Instead, she's standing through the bed.

Oh shit!

Riki's eyes widened for probably nth time already. It's like it finally dawned to him that the girl is indeed a ghost. A spirit.

"Oh shit. "

Hearing the words slipped in the ravenette's lips, and the expression he's currently wearing while looking at the girl's current direction where she's currently standing, a frown appears on her lips then gazed down the floor.

"Are you going to move out too? " It was a whisper which the Riki still caught despite being in a state of shock.

"Just like the others? " the spirit added.

It was silent at first as Riki stared at her. He sighed then walked towards the end of the bed, two feet away from the spirit.

"Why would I? "

Now, this made Amber confused as she looked at him. "Because I'm a ghost? And you're scared? "

Riki chuckled. "Who says I'm scared? " He asked. "And fyi, I don't have the time to find another place just because a ghost is living in the house I'm currently living. "

"Are you sure? " Amber asked with hopeful gaze.

And there it is again. The tugging thing inside the ravenette, with his heart doing flips.

Riki shrugged. "Positive. " He says, tilting his head to the side. "But if we'll be roommate, then we should know each other. "

Riki lifted his hand for a handshake. "I'm Riki and you said you're Amber, right? " He asked, remembering her introducing herself as 'Amber' earlier.

The spirit hummed as she nodded, bringing her hand to shake hands with the ravenette.

Both of their eyes widened when their hands touched each other's.

Honestly saying, Riki thought it was a stupid to do a handshake with a spirit since her hand will probably slip through his, given by the fact that she's a spirit. So it really startled him when he felt her cold soft hand, gripping his and slowly shaking it.

It was..... Unbelievable?

And it seems like Riki wasn't the only one who's genuinely startled by the action because Amber, the spirit, is also mirroring his expression.

It took a while before the both of them pulled their hands away, eyes anywhere but to each other's.

"So Amber, " Their gaze met once again when the boy called her name. "Nice to meet you"

Amber smiled.

"Nice meeting you too. "

-------

Thank you for reading!