Chapter 1

Cosmo's life was GREAT. Yeah, sure, he might live in a fallen tree, but at least the tree was GIGANTIC. It was sturdy, too, as it had barely changed over the past 4 years he had lived in it. And yeah, sure, maybe all he was banned from all shops in the town, but who was the one who left all those bottles out in front of the liquor store????? He thought it was unfair that he was banned from ALL shops in the town for aggravating one store owner, but people in the valley were just like that. He couldn't leave the valley, either, because of the high mountains around the village. It was perfectly fine anyways. Life was AMAZING inside the valley.

Now, Cosmo was just waking up as our story begins. His day is made up of multiple chores, you see. Backbreaking work was how he lived. He didn't mind it though. As he pulled off his sleeping tunic and pulled on his hunting garb, he noticed one of the townspeople's children peering into his window. Understandable really, as everyone wanted to know about the reclusive hunter who lived all alone in the forest. But they were forgetting one major keyword: reclusive. He liked to be left alone. He rarely went into town, even less after he was banned from most shops. He pushed open the door, and the child ran away, hiding behind a tree, perhaps to avoid his gaze. He smiled pleasantly at the young girl as he flicked a finger at the tree. The young girl looked confused, but it was only for a moment, as a vine drooped down from the tree, picked up the now screaming child, and set her on the edge of the forest lightly. Well, as light as a vine could. Vines were like that, all prickly and disobedient. They didn't exactly  like people telling them what to do. 

As he grabbed his hunting spear, he thought for a second. He was fairly comfortable with his spear, but not too good at any other weapons. He took a glance over at his bow, and grabbed it along with a bundle of arrows. He wanted to try and get better at using a bow, and experience is the best teacher, after all. He still strapped the spear to his back, however. He didn't want to go hungry, and if the bow failed, better to have a backup plan, right?

 He took off into the forest as the sun shined down at him through the leaves, coloring the dirt and rocks a jewel-green. The boars were plentiful this time of the year, it didn't take him too long to find one. Cosmo nocked his bow and............ fired his arrow! It sunk deep into the wood of the cedar tree, and the boar was already running. 

"Great Lanas teeth," Cosmo swore and took after the boar. He nocked his arrow and fired it again, this time hitting its target in the heel. The boar squealed in pain and fell over. He took out his spear and finished the job quickly. This meal would last him for the rest of the week.