0:1

~The Beginning~

~3rd person POV~

You, the Y/N L/N. "The loser thief" , everyone called you. Did you care on what others thought about you? No. Because they don't know why you steal things from others.
Oh, you're curious why? Well...

~Flashback from 13 years ago~

~Your POV~

"Mom!! Dad!!" I tried yelling out to my parents while a brutal battle starting happening. I had my little brother right next to mr hugging my waist, shaking, crying hoping this'll all end out okay. "It's okay! I'm here, I'm right here! It'll all be okay!!" I tried calming him down just as a rock came crashing our way. Lucky, we managed to dodge it, but I did end up getting a tiny scratch in the process..

A little while later I finally found my parents. They looked all beaten up.. My little brother was crying even harder from the sight that he just saw. I was about to grab out my tiny kitchen knife when I saw my parents running up to me.

"Please promise us something.. Okay?" My dad said first. I was confused on what he meant.. "Wh-What so you mean?!" I then started freaking out but tried to contain myself. "Just.. Just promise us you'll keep Zen (your brother) safe for us.. Alright?" My heart dropped because I finally realized what he meant. I can't lose them now! They can do this; they can't give up!! "Sweetie.. You're strong and brave. You can achieve anything that comes your way.." My mom started talking. She had blood dripping down from her mouth. "M-Mom..? D-Dad..? Please tell me you're not.." I stopped speaking once they shook their heads 'yes'. Tears started falling from my eyes as I hugged them. My brother was 5 at the time so he didn't really understand what was going on. "Please.. Don't go! I.." My voice cracked. I knew that they couldn't do anything.. I knew that 'I' couldn't do anything!! We all heard a loud screeching sound from behind.

That's when we were separated.. They died.. Right in front of our eyes. I screamed out crying when another person threw me and my brother away to a safe place. So that's the last time I saw my parents huh..?

~End of Flashback~
~Present Time~
~Your POV~

"Hey!! Get back here you thief!!" A shop guy yelled at me as I ran away with some food. Can't a girl just feed her brother and let him eat in peace? I kept hearing yelling but I just continued running. I grabbed my sword out and extended it so it would lift me up over on top of a roof. I put it back and hide behind a wall. "Hey! Where the hell did she go?!" "Hehe.. Slow ass." I mumbled to myself when I heard the guy say that. "Wait.. Who the hell is that?" There was a blue haired guy who heard the yelling and came over to see what's wrong. "Wait isn't that the-" "I think she went up there!! She stole a bunch of food and cash!!" I furrowed my eyebrows when I heard that "I didn't steal any cash you lying asshole!" I thought to myself. The blue haired guy nodded and climbed up to the roof. "Shit!" I said to myself running the other direction.

I kept running until I ran into a dead end. "Son of a bitch! You've got to be kidding me!" I turned around to see that guy. He actually kinda looks good looking.. No no! You can't just say that to someone you know nothing about!! "So why did you steal some food and cash.. Hmm?" I just stood there giving him a dirty look through my mask. I didn't really like talking to people I didn't know. I wasn't shy or anything, I just didn't trust others. "Not gonna talk, huh?" He started walking closer to me and I started walking back until I hit the wall. "Oww.." I whispered to myself. He stopped walking and just waited for me to say something with that annoying flirty smirk on his face. I just sighed and finally opened my mouth.

"First of I didn't even steal any money. Second, it's personal." I kept my guard up because who knew what he would do next, he seems risky. "Well, once you say it like that it makes me more interested on why you do." He said grinning. I swear if he smirks again I'm gonna smack him. "Can't you just mind other people's business please? If I don't wanna say that I don't have to!" I stared raising my voice because I was getting pissed off, but I also felt like crying because I kept having flashbacks to that day.. "Well then, I guess I'll have to take you away then.." My eyes widen and I bring out my sword. "You are NOT taking me away! I need to feed my brother!! I don't want to leave him worried damn it!" Scared, pissed. That's what I was feeling right now. He raised his eyebrow, "So why couldn't you just buy it? Hmm?" I looked down, "It's because I don't have any money.." God why did that guy have to rat out. I really hate getting caught. "Why couldn't you just ask your parents for some money-" "Because they're dead, okay?!" I interrupted him because I didn't care anymore. I held in my tears because I always thought crying was for the weak after THAT incident happened. He was about to open up his mouth until I started speaking, "They died during a very brutal battle.. They promised me, and I promised them, that I would do what ever it takes to keep my little brother well. I didn't want to break that promise.. They told me I was 'strong' and 'brave' and that I could overcome whatever was thrown at me.. So I'm keeping that promise because I don't wanna break it.." I didn't realize that I started crying, but I still continued. "So now I HAVE to keep my brother safe, no matter what! And if I'm not back sooner or later something might happen to him and it'll be my fault!!" I also didn't realize I fell on my knees crying. Pathetic am I right? "Hey.. It's okay." He tried comforting me until I swatted his arm away. "No, it's not! I've been trying to ignore everything since I was 7! You know how hard it was to see my own parents get shredded up into pieces?! I..." I stopped myself because it already felt like I was giving too much information to a stranger. I jumped when I felt a hand go onto my back. "Im so sorry that happened to you, but if you don't mind.. You and your brother could stay with me?" He made a genuine smile as I looked up with my eyes lighting up. "Wait, really?! Th-That's too much, seriously!" It's a really nice offer but I can't trust a stranger! Plus I don't even know his name. "No no! It's a pleasure helping someone out! Especially when they look like that~" He said it in a snarky little voice. He really pisses me off, but me and Zen need a place to stay! "Sigh, fine. Bu really, thank you so much! I'll go ahead and get my brother!" I get up and start running over to get my brother until I stopped. "Wait.. What's your name?" I turned around to look at him. He stood there all shocked like he's surprised I haven't heard of him. "Well then, my name is Kaeya. Kaeya the Knights of Favonius! What about you m'lady?" "Oh-ho? A knight is offering to help me~? I feel so honored!" I turn around and walk away. "The names Y/N L/N by the way Mr. Knight."

~3rd Person POV~

Little did you know, when he heard you say that he knew that he wouldn't regret inviting you to his house... or will he?

~End Of Story~

AHHHH, Tysm for reading!! I've never written anything this long before for the first chapter- so I hope it's worth it :') Anywho! If you have any recommendations of what I should add to the next chapter, feel free to comment them! I hope you have a great day/night! ;)

(I already have ideas on what to add I just like to let the readers say their ideas and I use them ;D )