𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚 {semi-mature}

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Two years and four months ago...

Two months had passed by in the blink of an eye. Chenle went from spending a day at the apartment with Mark, Jaemin and Donghyuck every couple of weeks or so, to practically living there as well. Every weekend when possible and any weekday that he could spare was used in their presence, and it got increasingly harder to live without them.

Donghyuck had been skeptical at first. He didn't like the feminine addition to their once three-way relationship, and he certainly found it hard to accept not being the 'princess' anymore. The male's attempts at sabotaging the Chinese boy (or girl on many occasions) were pointless, for when he annoyed Mark it didn't sit well with him either.

"Get to know him," the oldest had said at the time, "You'll find you're more alike than you think."

And God was he right. The two eventually settled to talk — one hating childish and sensitive people, while the other felt uncomfortable around girls — and they sorted through their differences. The best discovery would definitely have been the mutual disdain for mistreatment. Hyuck and Chenle bonded the most over their memories, and that was enough for them.

So in eight long yet short weeks, Mark was almost desperate to pose to the transvestite 'the question'. It was really late on a Saturday evening, and they'd all fallen asleep on the sofa after a fantastic comedy movie. The digital clock on the mantlepiece above the dormant electric fire read '01:47', and the actor twitched into a state of awareness after feeling something shift off his chest.

He blinked back the stars in his eyes blearily and tried to sit up without disturbing the peace that had settled over the past hour. To his dismay, Chenle wasn't situated in their collective cuddle, only Jaemin at the end of the couch with Donghyuck curled up against his chest. Fast asleep.

"Le?" He whispered, rubbing his face and rolling out his neck once he wasn't so dazed. "Chenle—"

"Shhh, I'm right over here," the Chinese member hummed softly and caught his attention from the kitchen connected to the living area. Their space was relatively small, since it was a hideout of sorts from the media. "Did I wake you?"

"Kinda. What are you doing?"

"Getting some water."

That's it? Mark supposed, shrugging off his sleepy state and getting up carefully without touching his two lovers. He couldn't quite recall how exactly he'd fallen asleep, or when about the movie had ended...but he was simply in shorts and a t-shirt, so he'd removed the majority of his clothes somewhere along the line.