6. | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬

NOTES ; 

okay but y'all,,
the tension that I'm building
with the reader and onceler
in this chapter- -

i rlly really hope
you all like it 🥺 .

•    •    •

Onceler stared up at the ceiling from his bed. His hands rest over the pit of his stomach, a somber appearance tracing around his body. He hasn't spoken much at all for the past couple of days. Mostly just important things he needed to tell you, or asking if you wanted anything to eat.

You try not to watch him too much from your seated position at the window, but it was kind of hard to take your eyes off of him when he was looking so glum.
Your elbow was rested against the window frame, cheek in hand, and you'd been gently spinning side to side on the stool that was properly placed in front of his factory blueprints. They hadn't been finished yet, but it was close. You assumed he'd given up on it, given the circumstances he was under. It looked the same since the last time you'd viewed over it, which was a week ago. 

"I think we should get out of the house for a bit." You finally mustered up the courage to talk to him. You'd been biting your tongue, holding on to each thought you wanted to say, but in case you broke his trance, you decided to keep it quiet.

Blue eyes flick over to you, and he sighs softly. "I don't really feel like it today. Sorry, Y/N."

He then rolls over to his side, back facing you.

You blink a couple of times at his body, and then stand up. "Okay, that's it." You were determined to get his ass up and out of that bed. He's been sad for too long now, and this was starting to make you depressed.
You find yourself at the side of his bed, which he tries to ignore, but you had other plans of making him notice.

"Get uuuup," you grab his wrist and pull so that his weight would shift and he'd be laying on his back. "What are you doing?" He asks, rolling to his backside.

It worked, after a few minutes of struggling. You smile down at him, who only looked up at you confused in turn. "Helping you get up."

"I don't need help to get up, I wan—"

"Too bad!" You grab his other wrist, and pull him to sit upward. It took WAY more effort to do that, than to roll him over to his back. He was watching you struggle, and clearly, was becoming amused by it, more or less.
He dead weighted, allowing himself to lay back as you battled with him to pull his body forward. "Come on! You're making this hard," you pout, soon letting go and watching as he allows himself to fall back. He smiles weakly up at you with a chortle. "And you're making me more tired."

You grab his hands again, and pull him forward as another trial to see how far up you could get him. He smirks and leans his body back quickly, which only made the momentum of you, who was still holding onto his arms, to go forward. Your body got pulled onto the bed because you never ended up letting go of him.
He laughs, and you stare down at him below, who you were now practically on top of.
"Hi," you mumble, scrambling to get off of him.

His face flushed a very light tone of pink, and he sat up quickly, nervousness in his smile.
"Uhah- - I sorta thought you'd just fall over," he watches as you sit beside him now, feet hanging over the side of the bed.

"Uhuh, sure." You turn over your shoulder at him and smirk, earning a darker flush across his face.

"What?! No, seriously, I-I —"