CHAPTER 9

"You are not serious, are you? " Riki groaned when a sob left the spirit's lips.

Amber ignored his question as her eyes didn't leave the screen in front of her.

"You're unbelievable. " Riki added, shaking his head and shifted his gaze on the screen where different people are now being credited.

"I-it's just that, their story is so tragic. A-and it's making me sad. " She spoke. "Why does fate put an effort to m-meet them only to break them apart in the end when things are going smoothly? "

Riki shrugged. "It's because they're not meant to be, I guess" He answered nonchalantly, earning a glare from you.

"No they're meant to be, it's just that the girl died! "

"Yes, they're meant to meet and know each other. But in the end, they are not actually meant for each other to be together forever, get my point? " The ravenette tried to explain, rolling his eyes once again when the spirit pouted.

"I know, it's just that it saddens me everytime I watch that movie"

Riki's forehead creased. "You mean, it's not the first time you watched this movie? "

Instead of answering, Amber just smiled while letting out a nervous laugh.

Riki pursed his lips.

He isn't a fan of those kind of stories where its sole focus is the two lead's love story. He's more fan of horror, mystery thriller or sometimes fantasy. Actions too.

So when Amber told him to watch this certain movie (which by the way she ended up crying because of the ending), he immediately disagreed. The two of them even argued for a few minutes before the spirit finally persuaded him to actually watch that movie.

Riki wouldn't lie though, the story is great. But the ending is just too sad which he by the way, didn't mind since it's the reality. People who meet each other are not always meant to be.

"But it's my favorite movie and I wanted to watch it again after so many years. " she answered truthfully.

Riki was about to utter a reply but he stopped himself upon realizing that she's a ghost, a mere spirit so of course she couldn't do majority of what she was doing before when she's still alive. And one of them is watching her favorite movie.

Riki reaches for the remote and switched off the TV, glancing at the clock he hang on the wall yesterday then sighed upon seeing the time.

12:12 pm.

Later this afternoon, Heeseung along with Sunoo and Jake will meet at the park to hangout since the last time they've planned on hanging out ended up with Heeseung leaving the ravenette's house.

And since that day, the man never stepped in Riki's house again. Not even daring to step out of his car whenever he's dropping Riki or sometimes fetch him early in the morning. The youngest tried to assure the older but it seems that Heeseung was too scared that day to even believe his 'lies'.

"What time are we going to the park later? "

Riki cocked a brow. "We? " He asked.

Amber hummed. "Yeah? "

"Absolutely not. "

The spirit smiled. "Come on, Rikipoop. I promise I won't scare your friend again"

Riki frowned upon hearing the nickname she created not too long ago which he's slowly and oddly growing accustomed to.

"Besides, it's not like you can stop me from coming. " the spirit added, causing the ravenette to let out a defeated sigh.

Right. It's not like he can do something to stop her from coming with him. It's not like he can lock her up or something since Riki always gets a reminder that she's a ghost whenever she walk through walls as if it's just an air.

"Fine. Just don't scare them, especially Heeseung hyung." He says, getting on his feet and walked towards the kitchen to cook something for lunch.

His lunch since the spirit don't eat anymore. Or more like, couldn't.

"I promise. " Amber followed him from behind. "But he's cute though"

Riki halted on his steps and faced her with his brows furrowed. "You like Heeseung hyung? "

"I said he's cute, not I like him. " the spirit replied, eyes playfully looking at the other. "Why? You jealous? Aww don't be jealous Rikipoop~"

Riki scoffed. "As if"

He then started walking towards the sink to wash his hands before proceeding on making a simple ramen.

Amber just laughed, shaking her head and just watched the ravenette cook, secretly enjoying the view.

———————

Thank you for reading!