Chapter Five

"Delta, how I have missed you dearly!" A beautiful mermaid swims up to your father with a happy look on her face.

"Hello, Serenity" Delta greets back with a blunt tone.

"Who is the young one?"

When her violet eyes lands on your small form, a warm smile graces her face.

"Her name is (Y/n), and she is going to become my daughter" Delta answers with a smirk.

"Oh, poor thing, no wonder why she is frightened" Serenity exclaims with a now worried expression.

You look up at the mermaid with a pleading glint in your eyes, hoping that she would save you.

"But, I'm sure she will be safer with you as her father"

And all the hope is washed away once again.

"Where is your husband, I need to speak to him," Delta asks, rather impatiently.

"He is in the throne room, let me take you there" Serenity then turns her gaze to you.

"Can I hold her, please?"

Why do you have a feeling that this mermaid thinks that you are some sort of a baby or a toy?

"No"

"Why?" Delta sneers at hai pink-haired friend.

"Because she is my daughter, mine alone"

𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍       

The King of sirens smiles upon seeing you and your father in front of his throne.

His throne is quite funny looking, it is a huge shellfish opened up, so he can rest his long beige tail on it.

"Is that the child you wish to have your blood flow through her veins?" The youthful-looking king asks.

"Yes, Lucian, that's her"

The male Siren looks at you with a bored look on his face.

"She is rather ugly, don't you think?" you pout while Delta growls, baring his sharp teeth.

"Hurry up, and begin the ritual, brother"

You are surprised that Delta is related to the king in the first place, no wonder why he calls him by his name so casually.

Lucian swims towards you two with a dagger in his hand, which made you hide behind Delta in fear.

"I don't want to, please don't make me do this" you plead.

"Don't worry, it will be quick" Delta assures you, forcing you in front of Lucian.

"Yes, after this, your life in the ocean will be easier, sweetie" Serenity adds.

Lucian grabs hold of you and gives you a sinister smile.

"Ignore those liars, it is going to hurt a lot"

𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍

"Are you sure that you have located them, Leith?" The dark-haired hunter nods.

"Yes, and we are going to start our hunt next week, those monsters are going to face death soon" Averill stares at his friend.

"We saw him with a human girl, are we going to save her?" Leith removes his goggles.

"No, everyone who is associated with their species should be killed"