起 : Her

"You know you can just go and join her, right?"

It was unusual for Jungkook to not pay attention to someone he's with but he couldn't help it. Not when Su-ji's laughter kept echoing in his ears. And more so, not when he was definitely NOT the reason for the said laughter.

"I'm sorry," he said apologetically, "I just wanted to keep an eye on my best friend. She doesn't usually go out."

When Bang PD invited the boys out to an exclusive bar, they were only too happy to take the opportunity to experience some nightlife, a luxury that couldn't be easily afforded by worldwide superstars, BTS included. Jungkook should've known better that it's only too good to not come with some strings attached.

The place was obviously upscale with its lavish décor, expensive drinks, and famous disk jockeys populating the area. Guests didn't even pay them much attention. A couple of heads turned in their direction when the group first arrived, only to go about their own businesses right after. A complete contrast to the usual clubs that didn't shield them from the public's eye.

As they were about to head to the booth reserved for them, Bang PD immediately set the youngest aside, introducing him to his niece.

Now, Jungkook was stuck making small talk with a complete stranger. He swiveled his barstool so that he fully faces the petite blonde woman in front of him but while he did his best to be polite, he couldn't stop himself from from subtly looking over his shoulder, just in time to see Su-ji throw her head back while laughing over something the guy next to her said.

"Look," the woman said, standing up. "She's just a few feet away. I'm sure you're a nice, cool guy like what samchon says but I don't want the competition tonight. Not when your adorable doe eyes are fixed on her. Go get your girl."

She gave him a smile and tapped his arm slightly before going on her way, leaving Jungkook slumped on his seat. While he knew he should run after his date, he just couldn't tear his gaze away from the booth where Su-ji was sitting with the rest of his hyung and some other strangers they've engaged with.

He couldn't look away from his best friend in particular, who is now playing a silly game of Gawi, Bawi, Bo with the guy from earlier. After losing a couple of rounds, he leaned closer to her and whispered something in her ear that made her shoulders quake with laughter.

That's it.

With one swift motion, Jungkook threw back his drink in a gulp and marched over their booth. He tried to keep his expression as neutral as he could but his furrowing eyebrows and dark eyes betrayed him and his real emotions. Whatever that was.

"Oh hey, Jungkookie, this is-"

Before Su-ji could even finish her introduction, Jungkook held out his hand in front of her and tilted his head towards the door.

Su-ji's brows furrowed but she knew Jungkook too well. "I'll be right back," she told the guy beside her before grabbing her bag and sliding off the couch.

The guy didn't have time to answer when Jungkook took her hand and led her out of the establishment, away from the noise and lights.

No one in the booth paid them any attention, too busy with their own conversation bubbles. Only Jimin and Taehyung shared a knowing smile, raising their glasses together with a smirk.