3

"La Push, baby!" Eric yelled, charging into the sand with Angela chasing after him. "Will you ever stop saying that?"

Ivy watched Jessica and Mike get into their surf gear. She was confused as to how they could even swim in the ice-cold water. Ivy didn't have a swimsuit anyway, so she just watched and sat on a large rock by the beach. The waves crashed loudly and the wind almost blew her away.

That same wind traveled to Sam, who was training with Paul and Jared. Instinctively, he shifted. It was as if he was waiting for another sign of her. Sam took off running, not giving a single damn if his pack members would follow him. Paul and Jared looked at each other and smirked. The three wolves ran towards the direction of the vanilla and cinnamon scent.

"This'll be fun." Paul said in the mind link. "Jared, I bet you 4 bucks he's gonna freeze the moment he sees her."

"Please! That's a guarantee! I bet you TEN that he's gonna just stare and never talk to her."  Jared replied.

"Both of you shut it. I can't concentrate."

They finally found the girl, sitting on a rock in La Push, watching her friends surf and mess around. A sketchbook rested in her hand, as she doodled away absentmindedly. Sam wanted to run to her immediately, but he realized he was in his wolf form, and would have gotten shot by the humans.

"I'm running back home. I'm changing and then I'm gonna come back here. Watch her for me."

Sam raced back home as he changed, doused his body with cologne, combed his unruly, short hair. He looked at himself in the mirror. "You're an idiot." He said to himself.

Sam didn't necessarily liked the way his body looked. His belly was always too big or sometimes his arms would feel longer than it should for his body. He tugged at his shirt, it fit strange. He took one last look, before running back out of his house in human form, afraid that shifting back would make him ruin his clothes. He had on a black t-shirt, some jeans and combat boots.

"Oh, you're back," Paul said, he was also in his human form and fully clothed as well. So was Jared.
"Took you long enough." He sniffed the air for a few seconds.

"I-is that cologne?" Jared teased, earning a slap on the arm from Sam.

"Shut up. Where is she?" He asked, but his scanning eyes had already found her.

He froze in his spot, taking in her scent and eyes. She was a work of art, she was overwhelming to him. The way he felt was indescribable in words. He could still remember the first time he ever saw her face. Even though she was scared out of her body, and she looked like a deer caught in the headlights of a car, she was still the most beautiful creature he had ever laid his eyes upon. There was a sudden need to protect her, everything else wasn't as important as whoever this girl was. Sam felt the need to touch her flowy, soft-looking hair that blew against the wind. He also wanted to just be near her, and to be masked in that sweet vanilla scent. It was the beginning and the end of everything.

"What the hell are you waiting for?" Jared and Paul shoved him. "Go!" He stayed in place, not budging from the push. Paul rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Maybe this'll help," Jared said with a smirk, he shook it in Sam's face and threw a football that landed perfectly next to the girl. "Fetch, doggy!" He hollered as Sam took off, afraid the ball would have hit his imprint in the face.

Sam let out a low growl, but speed-walked towards her. She was clueless on the man that was damn near running towards her with a burning determination. Literally, he was as hot as a radiator.

"Hi." He breathed out.

She was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen in his entire life. She looked like a fawn from the woods of a fairy's world. She looked up from her sketchbook, confused, but not afraid of him. That was a start. "Hello." She said, softly. Her eyes trailed down to the football. She bent down to take it in her hand and held it out to him. "Is this yours?" Her voice was a song in his head that he played over and over again. No, scratch that, it was a goddamn symphony. "Y-yeah." He choked out. "Oh, okay. Sorry I didn't notice it earlier."