4.

When Sam Uley thought of his imprint before, he definitely had never pictured her to be like Ivy. Standing in front of him was a soft-spoken, five-foot-four, anxious, doe-eyed girl. He'd never dreamed of anyone so perfect.

She looked up at his tall frame, covering herself up quickly with her large, wool sweater.

"Oh! I'm sorry. I didn't expect you to be so early." She apologized. Why was she apologizing? He did come 30 minutes before he said he would and she was the one saying sorry.

"Please, come in, Sam." There she said it again, his name.

Her hair was still as soft as ever, he'd never touched it, but from the way it looked, Sam was certain his assumptions would be correct. She let him in and took his coat. It smelled like him, ginger and rosewood.

"This way." She guided him to the large living room, he'd been here before, but never mentioned it to her. Sam wanted to let her show him the way.

"I'll be right back, I just need to get changed." She said, curtly, before turning on her heel and walking up the stairs. He didn't know what to do, he only knew that he couldn't wait for her to come back downstairs. The living room smelled sweet, like orchids and strawberries. His eyes trailed to the bookshelf next to the rather large TV mounted on one of the walls. They were stacked and full of books, every shelf had a large number of textbooks, novels, and other things. He was afraid it would spill out at every moment.

Taxidermy animals were found all over the house, but it was especially prevalent in the living room as a lion's head hung over high above the fireplace. A messy chessboard and two half full coffee cups sat lonely on the wooden, maroon coffee table in front of him. He smiled at the thought of Ivy possibly playing chess with her grandfather.

It was sweet of her, then again, everything about her was sweet.

A few minutes alone with his thoughts, Ivy rushed back down. She was wearing a black turtleneck, accompanied by a pair of pants that seemed to fit her perfectly, some boots, and a brown wool coat. No traces of makeup on her face was seen, except maybe an untinted lip balm.

"Sorry, I took so long." She apologized yet again.

It only took ten minutes.

Sam shook his head with a smile, don't even worry about it. He noticed the messenger bag.

"Oh, my bag." She pulled out a camera and a notebook. "It's for the interview and stuff, and the camera's for taking pictures of the view. I heard it's really pretty out there." She muttered after a long pause. Sam nodded, "Yeah, it is — hey, let me carry that." She hesitated for a moment, wary of this her new acquaintance's sudden kindness, but it dissolved for some reason. "Why thank you, kind sir." Ivy joked, a small, chagrin smile graced her lips.

"Of course, m'lady." He teased back.

Grandpa Lee was in his study as always, a genius recluse who did not like to talk to people if it wasn't necessary. He was probably working on his new novel yet again. Ivy knew he wouldn't care at all if she was out, but she decided to tell him anyways, just in case. Just as she expected, he did not care and simply waved her off, mumbling an absentminded 'Have fun,'

He lead her to his large pickup truck and helped her inside. She patted on the seats, the whole car smelled like his manly, musky scent. Sam got in the other side, starting up the car.