Chapter 3

"midnight encounters"

Dinner went better than Isobelle had expected, she did have to follow the usual protocols, but she actually didn't mind

Dinner went better than Isobelle had expected, she did have to follow the usual protocols, but she actually didn't mind. She actually found it nice, having dinner with people around her age. Besides the constant glances that Felice gave her, that made her slightly nervous, she spent a rather lovely evening, that was until it was announced that it was time to sleep.

Isobelle was used to sleeping alone, but she always felt comforted knowing that Wilhelm's room was right in front of hers. So when they were told to go to their rooms, a wave of anxiety washed over her body.

The idea of being apart from her brother, even if it was just a matter of hallways, wasn't pleasing at all.

Isobelle could only come up with one idea, she waited until everything was silent outside to open the door of her room, doing this carefully, so as to not wake up or disturb everyone else. She chose to leave her shoes behind, knowing they would make a lot of unnecessary noise.

Thankfully, her memory, was one of the things she was most proud of, her capacity to remember things and directions was fascinating, so using it for her advantage she walked over to the boy's side of the building. She recognized the hallway where both of them had said goodbye to their older brother, almost immediately.

When Isobelle was only a couple of rooms away, a door opened and her cousin August came out. Driven by panic, she opened the first door she found. The shower's one. The feeling of relief for not being caught only lasted a minute, because when she turned around, she bumped into someone.

She jumped in fright and opened her mouth to let out a scream, but a hand covered her mouth, stopping her from making any noise.

It was in that moment were she realized who was the responsable for such a scare.

And there right in front of her was standing Frederic, with a hand on her mouth and the other one pressed on the wall right next to her, only wearing a towel that covered his lower body.

Maybe her plan had not been as successful as she thought.

She tried to talk, but the only thing that could be heard was her muffled voice. Frederic pressed his finger against his lips, indicating the girl to stay quiet.

The boy didn't take his hand off her mouth until he was completely sure August was gone.

"What are you doing?" Was the first thing she said, whispering, in order to save them from getting caught.

"Funny you ask that, considering you are the one wandering around this side of the building." He replied.

"I couldn't sleep, I wanted to talk to Wille." She explained to the boy.

"Homesick already?" He made fun of her explanation.

"Oh laugh all you want. Act as if it's not weird that you are in the showers at like two in the morning."